Human Resources / HR , Project Management,
Development and Implementation of Human Resource Strategy, Systems and Structures
Purpose of the assignment:
- Under the overall guidance and direction of KD, the HR consultant/firm will contribute to the development of a comprehensive HR manual and strategy. Therefore, the HR consultant/firm will do a staff skills gap analysis, review and assess existing policies and recommend relevant changes to the policies, set clear KPIs to monitor implementation progress and provide/recommend training and support on the skills gap and the reviewed HR manual to the KD team.
- At the end of the assignment, KD should be well-equipped with appropriate policies, systems, structures, tools, processes, knowledge, and practices related to human resource management.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Deliverables:
Review and assess existing policies that include;
- Review existing HR policies and identify gaps as compared to best practices.
- Review job descriptions and promotion scale.
- Conduct and make recommendations for job analysis, job evaluation (structure), and remuneration surveys (salary survey and salary structure as appropriate).
Develop a detailed HR strategy and framework for KD.
- Develop a progressive performance management system, career planning and progression, professional development, and staff training policy as appropriate.
- Develop/ Review the requisite HR policies, procedures, work instructions (toolkits and templates), manuals, and employee handbooks.
Provide training and support on the reviewed HR manual to the KD team;
- Based on the produced manual, conduct training session(s) with the target group to explain the policies produced.
- Provide HR advisory support services to ensure that the systems, tools, and procedures are functioning
- Troubleshoot and suggest corrective action during and after the consultancy period.
Consultant to Assess the Impact of Jijue Health & Leadership Program in Selected Schools in Narok and Kisii County
Purpose of the assignment
- To assess the impact of the Jijue Health and Leadership Training implemented in the selected schools in Transmara West and South Sub Counties in Narok and Kenyenya Sub County in Kisii County.
- The evaluation will cover Phase 3 and Phase 4 of the Jijue Program implemented in 2022 and 2023, respectively in Narok and Kisii Counties. Within this period, the evaluation will assess project outcomes at all levels. The evaluation will in particular, seek to assess the impact and relevance of the project’s intervention on the participation of adolescent boys and girls in the Jijue Program. The evaluation will assess the project management and activity implementation to address the results achieved and the partnerships established. The evaluation will also dept into establishing best practices for future engagement.
Key areas of responsibility and deliverables
- To evaluate the project in terms of its effectiveness, relevance, efficiency, sustainability, and impact, with a priority on assessing the project’s expected results, objectives and overall goal
- To identify key lessons and potential practices for learning;
- Develop a project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Develop tools for data collections
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions
- Obtain relevant permits from authorities
Method of Application
Please submit your technical and financial proposal detailing your interpretation of the terms of reference and methodology for carrying out the assignment, expression of interest, work plan including the proposed timeline, a brief capabilities statement, and three references; to Kakenya’s Dream via email to email@example.com on or before the close of business on 15th September 2023.
Timeframe and Considerations
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- All deliverables are to be met within two months.
- Contract and award to be communicated once a suitable consultant has been identified
- The consultant will be required to travel to Transmara for an effective evaluation