Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Job Opportunities at KANCO
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region
KANCO has emerged, in recent years, as a key partner in the area of advocacy and international development. KANCO is looking for a qualified consultant to provide technical assistance to conduct field-work and write analytical success stories highlighting the impact of advocacy activities and programmes supported by KANCO as regards to Global Fund on AIDS, TB and Malaria, Tuberculosis and Nutrition projects in Kenya.
Documentation Consultant In Kenya – Good Practices and Lessons Learnt On Global Fund
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
Terms of Reference (TORS)
Request for Expression of Interest – Documentation of Good Practices and Lessons Learnt on Global Fund on AIDS, TB and Malaria, Tuberculosis and Nutrition Programming Related to Advocacy in Kenya and the African Region.
The projects focused on increased allocation of resources for health and to strengthen capacity of leaderships for them to have effective engagements at different levels of governance structures.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
To implement these projects KANCO has collaborated with the government of Kenya through the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, the County Governments, National Assembly and Members of Parliament. It is the desire of KANCO to document success stories and lessons learned during the implementation of these project to be used in advocacy and for dissemination to the wider public to guide future actions.
Documenting lessons learned and success stories from implementing these projects helps to promote sharing of evidence-based practices that have shown to be successful in improving nutrition and TB prevention services.
This will stimulate program enhancement and maximization of available resources within KANCO but also for KANCO partners both nationally and international by acting as a mechanism for continuous learning, feedback, reflection and analysis of what did and did not work, how it worked and why.
(IMPORTANT:These easy online jobs are a great place to start if you want to earn some extra money from home, but don't have a lot of work experience.Part Time, Full Time, Remote Work Here are 21 Best Online Jobs - Beginners and Intermediate Guide to Making Money Online)
The lessons learned could then be used to inform scaling up or replication of proven critical success factors and lessons learnt so as to increase coverage of quality services and accelerate progress towards universal access to good nutrition and TB prevention services.
It is also intended to demonstrate the value that KANCO has added through the projects to programming in the area of Nutrition and TB prevention services that could be used for KANCOs overall advocacy and resource mobilisation efforts.
Objectives of the assignment
KANCO would like to document achievements realized in implementing advocacy projects in a structured manner, focusing on identifying the specific factors of success, summarizing the actual actions being undertaken on the ground and describing the impact of interventions on the lives of those for whom it is being implemented.
The documentation will also attempt to propose some promising practices that can be maintained and replicated or scaled up in the future. The documentation will combine human stories and voices of beneficiaries with results based on official reports and accounts of technical staff and community leaders. These stories will be shared with Government authorities, development partners and the general public.
The specific Objectives of the assignment are as follows:
- Document success stories and lessons learned from the implementation of the projects in terms of improving the overall health status of individuals, improving access to quality services e.t.c
- Create an information pack from compiled material for distribution to KANCO stakeholders
Tasks and Responsibilities
In order to achieve the envisaged objectives, the consultant under the overall supervision of KANCO
- Will work in collaboration with KANCO to determine the exact scope of the stories; identify and develop topics and agree communities/facilities to be visited
- Prepare tools and formats that will be used for documenting the stories.
- Conduct field work in the selected communities with KANCO program and partner staff. This will include focus group discussions, interviews, observations and visits to beneficiaries to elicit their views
- Prepare success stories by analyzing and presenting relevant information about project implementation
- Produce the text, photographs and infographics for an info-pack (15-20pages) highlighting success stories and including voices of beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
Deliverables and Timeframe:
The consultant will deliver to KANCO
- An inception report demonstrating understanding of the tasks in the ToR and how they propose to accomplish the required tasks. It is envisaged that the assignment will take 20 working days.
- A high quality information pack ( 15-20pages ) of success stories
- All deliverables should be submitted to KANCO within 5 weeks of signing of contract.
Performance and Evaluation:
The work will be evaluated against such criteria as: timeliness, accuracy, originality and quality of the product delivered.
KANCO will have editorial control over the all materials produced.
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of KANCO.
Qualifications and experience required:
The consultant should possess the following qualifications
- Diploma in Journalism, Communications or related field;
- At least five years of professional experience in investigative and human impact story writing, preferably on TB and Nutrition;
- Proven experience in working with national organisations
- Photography skills and experience;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize relevant information and develop highly analytical reports;
- Excellent editing skills and ability to integrate human interest with statistics and technical reports to present credible content;
- High sense of journalistic ethics and in-depth understanding of human right issues;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- Ability to deliver products on time against tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, Technical and Financial proposals with subject line “Consultant- documentation of good practices and lessons learnt on Global fund on AIDS, TB and Malaria, tuberculosis and nutrition programming.
The envelope should be addressed to
P.O. Box 69866 – 00400
Nairobi – Kenya
to reach the reception desk by 5th October 2018, 12:00 noon
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above.
Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
Late bids shall be rejected.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview