Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Administration jobs, Secretarial jobs, Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain jobs, Project Management jobs,
The job holder will be responsible and accountable for managing all administrative and finance related activities of the Marigat office.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
- Organize for meetings in the office and those at conference facilities
- Take minutes in working group meetings
- Ensure the security of the office by being in charge of opening and closing of the office
- Sourcing of quotations for programme needs, office items and other items
- Ensure that different services rendered are appropriate and report on their status
- Ensure that the office cleaning is done appropriately and on time
- Ensure that the Monday staff refreshments are made available
- Ensure that staff airtime is distributed on time to the respective staff
- Maintain the office petty cash and account to Head office when it is utilised
- Manage the use of office stationery
- Maintain the records of all office assets and inventory/supplies and ensure that they are adequately secured and allocated as directed by the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Conduct a quarterly physical fixed assets verification on all assets held in the Marigat office and prepare a report that should be submitted to the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Assist the finance team with partner financial monitoring, when called upon to do so
- Ensure that the payments to the various service providers are done on time, such as Internet, Utilities, Security, Newspapers, Rentokil and Rent
- In liaison with the Administration & Logistics Officer coordinate logistics for staff visiting the project(s)
- Ensure secure and appropriate parking is secured for office vehicles
- Participate in distribution of various procurements (e.g. seedlings, food stuff, assets, animals etc) when called upon
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- In liaison with the Programme Manager, participate and disseminate security updates from the County Steering Committee to the team in a timely manner
- Ensure that C19 Contact tracing is done a weekly basis and update the Administration & Logistics Officer.
- Any other duties as periodically assigned by the line manager
- Project Accountant(s) and Finance Officer
- Head of Finance and Administration
- HR Manager
- All Programme Staff
- Partner organisations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or a Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook,
- 1-year proven experience in office management with an INGO
- Basic knowledge of financial processes / bookkeeping an added advantage
GEA Kenya Baringo Project Coordinator
SHA seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator with technical experience in community dryland forestry and agroforestry to manage the project.
- Provide day to day management of the GEA Project in Baringo County:
- Manage the project field staff and community volunteers and ToTs
- Support, train & coach project staff to meet technical quality, appropriateness, and timelines.
- Development work plans, budgets, cash flow, procurement, and M&E plans.
- Prepare training materials.
- Undertake regular monitoring and supervise the collection indicator data in collaboration with the M & E team and other projects staff;
- Advise the BARINGO Project Manager and SHA Kenya HoP on the implementation of the project.
- Coordinate with the other partners in the consortium
- Prepare narrative reports to the lead partner (ICRAF) and SHA Kenya HoP.
- Manage the project budget and assist the SHA Project Accountant to prepare fund requests financial reports for the project
- Train staff to measure tree growth, tree densities, tree cover, soil and tree carbon, and conduct GNSS ground truth surveys using protocols developed by ICRAF.
- Provide technical leadership on tree planting, landscape restoration, agroforestry, and FMNR.
- Provide technical leadership on tree-based value chains.
- Liaise with the County Government and implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the HoP.
- SHA County Director
- SHA Finance, Logistics and Administration Team,
- BaRINGO Project NRM Officer
- Kenya Agriculture and NRM Coordinator,
- HQ Programme Quality Team
- Project Officers
- Community Based Trainers.
- Baringo County Council
- Baringo Conservancies
- ICRAF, ADRA
- Local NGOs
- Forestry, agroforestry and carbon specialists in peer organisations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree, with a BSc or MSc in Forestry, Agroforestry, Rangeland Management, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of five years of technical and managerial experience in dryland forestry and agroforestry.
- Solid experience of Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration.
- Experience of tree-based value chains.
- Experience of Forest Mensuration in dryland forests.
- Experience in restoring severely degraded landscapes.
- At least five years of working experience at project management level in an NGO or in government or private sector.
- Good understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools.
- Experience in team management and coordination
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and knowledge of M&E principles.
- Basic experience and knowledge in budget tracking and financial management.
- Practical experience of developing community natural resources plans and maps.
- Good understating of gender roles in forestry and pastoralist societies and practical experience of integrating gender equality into forestry, agroforestry and rangeland management.
- Commitment to international and humanitarian NGO codes, standards and practices
- Experience of tree-based carbon projects, carbon accreditation, and assessing carbon stocks in dryland forests.
- Experience in soil and water conservation, watershed management and landscape restoration through bioengineering.
- Knowledge of current Kenya laws and policies on tree carbon stocks.
- Experience of working with pastoralist and agro pastoralist communities.
- Knowledge of land tenure systems in Kenya.
- Experience of integrating nutrition into agriculture, forestry and NRM projects (nutrition sensitive).
- Experience of integrating the physically disabled into forestry, agroforestry and rangeland management.
- Experience of GNSS field surveys, GIS software and Remote Sensing concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
- Ability to solve problems and take corrective action
- Proven writing and analytical skills
- Capable to maintain good relationships with stakeholders and donors
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Proven networking skills in the carbon, forestry and agroforestry sectors (ICRAF, KFRI, KFS).
- Able to take initiatives and work with limited supervision
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of the SHA Kenya Country Programme
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and general IT skills
The Programme Manager will be the technical and operational head of the BAringo Resilience Initiative; Nurturing Greater Opportunity (BARINGO) project team and will provide strategic advice, analysis and direction to the organisation on a range of forestry related issues, ensuring climate change adaptation and Natural Resource Management is embedded in programmes. S/He will be responsible for ensuring successful implementation of this 4-year, European Union-funded programme through providing leadership, technical oversight and direct management of all activities related to the project. A key function of this role will be managing effective partnerships with the Implementing Organizations, the Baringo County Government and the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) among others.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the project cycle: design, planning, implementation, quality and accountability, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly plans and budgets for the project and monitor allocation of resources, anticipating changing requirements that may impact work delivery
- Work in close liaison and ensure effective communication with stakeholders including SHA programme staff, partners, government agencies and the donor to coordinate coherent and consistent delivery of the project objectives
- Provide technical input for the implementation of the project including in the preparation of, strategies, training materials, guides and manuals in liaison with the Country Team Technical Advisors and ensure effective integration of core technical areas – Nutrition, Social Inclusion, Enterprise Development, Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Represent SHA at government, donor, NGO and other relevant events in the field in close coordination with the Head of Programmes and ensure that the the BAringo Resilience Initiative collaborates and networks with stakeholders as appropriate;
- Work with the SHA Communications team to develop a project communication and visibility plan and facilitate its implementation
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration mechanisms are in place between SHA and other partners as well as National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA)
OPERATIONAL AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Manage and periodically review the programme budget in close collaboration with the Head of Programmes and Head of Finance
- Ensure compliance by SHA and partners with contract requirements in planning, financial management, procurement, branding, monitoring and reporting, and facilitate further training where necessary.
- Act as the focal point with SHA country office and HQ to ensure all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the programme comply with donor and SHA policies and procedures and are transparently, expediently and effectively managed in line with established processes, rules and regulations;
- Monitor external context and carry out adjustments to project plans, where necessary;
- Ensure all SHA safety and security guidelines are followed and that all safety or security incidents (fires, accidents, theft, etc.) are recorded and reported;
- Ensure efficient use and management of project resources including transport;
MONITORING, REPORTING AND RESULTS COMMUNICATION
- In conjunction with the M&E Coordinator, facilitate monitoring and documentation of learning by ensuring that effective mechanisms are in place to monitor activities and outputs and assessments for project quality and impact and ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget;
- Ensure monitoring plan is in place and undertake project monitoring visits from time to time
- Compile periodic programme reports as required by the donor and SHA
- Check partner technical and financial reports and ensure that they are compliant with set policies and procedures
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with SHA’ performance management system
- Motivate and inspire the project staff to perform their duties to their best, recognizing and valuing their work and encouraging them to learn
- Set clear direction and expectations for the project and enable project staff to interpret competing priorities (Annual project key performance indicators)
- Manage performance issues effectively to avoid adverse impact on the project, team morale and performance
- Promote a positive team culture that respects diversity and deals with barriers to inclusion
- Any other task assigned by the Head of Programmes.
- Head of Finance and Administration
- Finance and Administration Team
- All Programme Coordinators
- Communication Officer
- All Senior Technical Advisors (Gender, Nutrition, Enterprise, Policy and Humanitarian)
- HQ Desk Officer – assigned to Kenya
- Country Director
- Project implementation partners
- County Government
- Stakeholders including national government, research institutions, financial institutions, external auditors, donors, Academia and private companies
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the implementation of Livelihood programs design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in fragile contexts.
- Experience managing multi-year donor funded programmes
- Knowledge and experience in multiple sectors such as food and nutrition security; agricultural systems and livelihoods; market systems development; climate change and adaptation; natural resource management; peace building and Humanitarian development
- Demonstrated understanding of the resilience framework and approaches in the fragile contexts
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools
- Familiarity and experience with EU regulations preferred
- Experience in engaging and networking with the development partners and multi stakeholders including the government departments and agencies
- High level of initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
- Ability and resilience to cope with multiple internal and external demands
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- High level skills and experience in capacity building and report writing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences, Management Economics, Rural Development, Veterinary Medicine or related field required;
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Enterprise Development or related field will be an added advantage
- Strong computer skills especially with MS Word and Excel and other related packages
- Strong M and E skills
- Valid Driving Licence
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills with fluency in Swahili and English.
- People management skills
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to Self Help Africa’s vision, mission and values
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- Ability to work as part of team across different cultures
- Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative