Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
NGO Jobs, Jobs In Kenya
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Providing administrative support to the field team. You will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks from day to day management of petty cash, Base bank reconciliation, reviewing and archiving base documents.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Enter advance requests in the advance book;
- Prepare petty cash Payments for the Base for Field administrators to approve
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment.
- Enter purchase invoices in cash book excel to be imported to saga
- Close the cash account every month: physical counting, printing of accounting documents, check supporting documents;
- Consolidate Cash Forecast for the Base.
- Pay salary advances
- Organize and check the timely receipt of the bases’ monthly accounting
- Check accounting document information, including consistency between vouches and cash books, physical counting and balances;
- Check the bases’ electronic accounting consistency: accounting codes, project codes, budget lines, titles;
- Check and ensure invoice eligibility;
- Check accounting voucher submissions (translation, numbering, layout);
- Receiving and sharing of HR documents to new staff.
- Sending of monthly payroll alteration from the base to Nairobi.
- Support any other HR’s activities at the base level.
- You have a minimum of one year of professional finance or accounting experience, preferably in an NGO
- You have an Undergraduate Degree in Business Management or its equivalent.
- You have any level of CPA will be an added advantage
- You are knowledgeable of finance/accounting procedures.
- You are able to demonstrate good planning and organizational skills as well as verbal and written communication
- You are proficient in computer skills this include spread sheets, internet/e-mail, accounting package.
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume with 3 professional references. Closing date for applications: February 5th, 2020. The applications will be assessed on rolling bases.Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Click Here to Apply