How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
NGO Jobs In Kenya
Position: Health Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Action Against Hunger-Horn and Eastern Africa is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger Horn and Eastern Africa is an independent NGO, currently managing operations in Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
Key Activities In Your Role Will Include:
- Provide operational support to Action Against Hunger health programs in the Horn and East Africa for improved nutrition outcomes.
- Work alongside and capacity build health actors to generate, analyze, and use data for ongoing health systems improvement.
- Identify the on-going learning and development needs of the technical country coordinators and assists in providing or supporting their professional development.
- Provide health technical support to country teams to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
- Provide technical advice to country teams on existing or proposed programmes to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
- Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs around UHC implementation.
- With the country program teams, identify innovation and research opportunities.
- Technical supervisory line to health focal in country; and as needed to the nutrition focal.
Does This Description Fit You?
- Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field with at least three years’ experience in Public Health with a focus on Health system strengthening in developing countries.
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency, post-crisis as well as with governments.
- Excellent knowledge of technical fields related to Health that includes excellent working knowledge of Health System Strengthening.
- Applied knowledge of malnutrition causal framework, epidemiology, research preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and technical review/writing of detailed technical documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Capacity to represent the organization in various forums.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
What we offer.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These benefits include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits, check the Action Against Hunger Website
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 21st of January 2020. The applications will be assessed on rolling bases.
Click Here to Apply