Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Job Opportunity at Center for Victims of Torture Kenya
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We provide direct care for those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota with offices in Africa and the Middle East. In Kenya we have offices and clinics in Nairobi, Dadaab and Kakuma.
Administrative / HR officer – Kakuma
The Administrative & Human Resources Assistant will assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the administrative & human resources functions and duties. The Admin/HR officer will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: administrative tasks, meeting coordination and scheduling, travel arrangements, other support services as required, including Management of personnel according to CVT Policy and Kenya Labour Law, Management of the communication system of the Kakuma office, leave administration, orientation among other responsibilities.
This position reports to Hierarchically to Field Coordinator and works closely with the Admin/HR officer in Nairobi. The Admin/HR officer will be responsible for the following essential functions:
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Essential functions include [but are not limited to]:
- Prepare procurement request for office supplies and submit to logistic officer.
- Prepare a peaceful working atmosphere. Manage housekeeping and space planning, attend to visitor and ensure the get proper accommodation, follow up on bills for meals taken during their stay.
- Prepare minutes of meetings convened or attended by project management.
- Provide administrative support to Program staff in creating correspondence, coordinate appointments and travel schedules.
- Assist the Nairobi HR/Admin Officer to make travel arrangements for staff and visitors on ECHO and UNHAS flights.
- Take lead in organizing official functions in identifying suitable venues and sampling appropriate services at competitive rates. Take lead in team building.
- Management of Communication system in the Kakuma project: Management and the distribution of communication to staff and other CVT locations as appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute any memo related to the Personnel.
- Supervise, train and mentor cleaner and cooks.
- Assist in reviewing, assessing of application and short listing of applicants where applicable.
- Arrange and conduct interviews to select candidates as per HR manual where applicable.
- Review recommendation on the selection of candidate.
- Obtain references and carry out required pre-employment checks to ensure that information given is verified.
- Facilitate induction orientation Programme and briefing for all new staff members.
- Introduce new employees to other staff and orient them to the CVT Kenya office layout.
- Ensure all staff documentations are kept in the personal file and maintained properly.
- Process for new staff and follow up on medical cards, contract and staff salaries through Nairobi office.
- Ensure staff leaving the station for leave have submitted their leave request through HR portal. Ensure all leave are well updated on the HR portal.
- Respect the Kenya Labour Law and CVT Kenya staff policy when dealing with matters related to human resources.
- Prepare and update monthly staff contact Submit to Admin/HR officer in Nairobi office as required.
- Prepare daily/weekly staff headcount report using information from staff movement, and staff headcounts and submit a report to FC on weekly basis.
- Follow up on timesheets for both National and incentive staff and ensure they are sent to Admin/HR officer – Nairobi office every end month.
- Make sure each staff member understands the CVT Kenya Policy Manual and is aware of his/her rights and obligations related to the contract. Conduct information sessions of the policy before staff members sign contracts.
- Protect the confidentiality of personnel and individual information.
- Play a key role in conflict prevention, resolution and management and Record proceedings during disciplinary hearings
- Continuous update of R&R schedule and send a monthly R&R report to ADMIN/HR officer Nairobi.
Management of Communication system in the Kakuma project
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Human Resources Officer will be accountable for:
- Management the distribution of office communication to staff and other CVT locations as appropriate
- Propose and implement efficient communication system among CVT staff in Kakuma and in other projects if necessary
- Keep an inventory of all incoming and outgoing communications
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisors.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Required Qualifications and Experience.
- Degree in Human Resource or Business management or equivalent.
- Diploma with extensive experience in Administration/HR.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Human resource and Administration preferably in an international organization.
- Extensive experience in working with online HR information system and any other IT platforms.
- highly level of confidentiality and integrity
- Sound knowledge of Kenya Labour/employment law.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and establish and maintain collaborative relationships with project partners and staff. Must be highly organized
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Commitment to and understanding of CVT’s vision, mission and values.
- Good inter-personal skills; possess the ability to interact with all levels of staff as well as both internal and external clients.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work under tight deadlines
- Must be a member of IHRM.
- Remote and generally very hot weather
- Refugee camp environment
- Non family posting
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your application should be ‘ADMIN/HR OFFICER- KAKUMA’
Closing Date 12th October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview