Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Jobs in Kenya
- Position: Risk and Compliance Associate
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Category: Cytonn Risk
- Closing Date: January 27th, 2020
- Location: Nairobi
Cytonn Asset Managers Limited (CAML), is the regulated affiliate of Cytonn Investments Management Plc, and is licensed as a Fund Manager by the Capital Markets Authority and the Retirement Benefits Authority. The company is also a licensed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Manager under the Capital Markets Authority. Our objective is to offer superior risk-adjusted investment returns to our clients through investments in both the public and alternative investments markets.
Cytonn Investments Management Plc (CIMP), is an alternative investment manager, with real estate development capability, and a primary focus on private equity and real estate investments in the high growth Kenyan Region. CIMP has presence in East Africa, Finland and the US.
CAML & CIM investors include global and local institutional investors, individual local investors, and diaspora investors.
The Risk and Compliance Associate will assist in putting adequate and effective controls in place to mitigate regulatory risks and to review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of these controls on a regular basis
- Develop an appropriate Compliance Management methodology and process to implement within the asset management business
- Implement an appropriate risk management methodology and process within the business
- Ensure that all portfolios managed by the business comply with investment
- Ensure submission of all reports and certificates to the relevant regulatory bodies
- Ensure applications for new products and licenses to all regulators are completed and submitted on time
- Manage the relationship with the relevant regulators on behalf of CAML
- Ensure that product development policy for CAML is implemented correctly
- Cultivate a healthy relationship with trustees of the respective collective investment schemes and pension schemes within CAML
- Ensure compliance with the personal Account Trading Policy
- Establish a healthy risk culture within the business
- Conduct regular control self-assessment process
- Identify key risk indicators for all risks within the business and to monitor and report on these key indicators
- Compile risk registers for the business and maintain these registers
- Ensure that the risk management approach and process is aligned with the business strategy and tactical interventions.
- A degree in Law, Finance or any other business related qualification from a recognized university
- A professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of financial markets within the East African region
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Knowledge of investment management industry
- Knowledge of pensions industry
- Knowledge of collective investment industry
- Knowledge and skills in the understanding, interpretation and practical implementation of regulatory requirements.
- At least 3 years working experience in the financial services industry
- Experienced in upholding the highest levels of service.
Click Here to Apply