Work with NGOs Starting Salary- Ksh 200k
Global Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Position: Chief of Party, Kenya Youth Empowerment Activity
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five year USAID-funded Kenya Empowerment Activity. This 10M-20M program will empower youth through a youth-led, youth-owned, and youth-managed approach within a systems perspective that seeks to increase the capacity and commitment of Kenyan actors to better engage and serve their youth, particularly adolescent girls and young women. The program will utilize CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) approaches, with youth at the forefront, including Kenyan actors and the broader development community, to share knowledge, reduce duplication of effort, and prioritize accordingly.
The COP will provide technical and administrative leadership of the project team and will be responsible for overall implementation, achievement of results, and contract management.
- Manage and mentor a team of local professional staff in the implementation of project activities.
- Ensure that program goals and objectives are achieved on time and within budget.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, various Government of Kenya representatives, and Global Communities headquarters staff. S/he will ensure that all donor and other sponsoring organization compliance and reporting requirements are met fully and in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Kenya subcontracted NGO partners, civil society organizations, local governments, and the private sector to ensure sound implementation of activities funded by USAID.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Kenya youth servicing systems including youth savings and credit cooperative organizations, YALI alumni, the Global Give Back Circle, and other key youth organizations.
- Foster partnerships between U.S. and Kenyan higher education institutions (to include universities, polytechnics, technical and vocational education and training institutes (TVETs), and vocational training centers (VTCs)) to develop their capacity to generate and use data to expand evidence-based and evidence-producing programs, practices, and policies related to youth.
- Improve youth opportunities and employment connecting youth programming to high-growth or high-potential sectors and associated value chains and through demand-driven models of engagement with the private sector.
- Education: A graduate degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management, OR a Bachelor’s degree plus two years of work experience (in addition to the eight years of experience required below).
- Eight years of relevant experience in leading programs focused on research, youth services, workforce development, livelihoods, and/or private sector development, with at least four of those in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya;
- Strong experience building relationships with Kenya institutions of higher learning preferred.
- Demonstrated success working at the community level assessing challenges, creating and implementing solutions and achieving measurable results in development projects
- Experience managing donor funded programs of similar size and complexity is required. USAID experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) approaches is strongly preferred.
Citizens of Kenya are encouraged to apply.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.