Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Position: Welcome Assistant
Posting Date: 20th November 2019
Deadline: 13th December 2019
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Welcome Assistant helps ensure that Welcome activities are organized smoothly, including coordination of pick-up/drop-off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, visas, permits, official registration and accommodation. To work on rotation basis in the absence of colleagues, updating welcome databases, preparing pick-ups for all individual arrivals and organising accommodation for all individual travellers, preparing invoices, processing of work permits, IDs, PINs and country Visas.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist with the management of groups and individual hotel bookings;
- Responsible for maintaining all welcome pool mobile phones physically and in relevant databases;
- Ensures all the data in the welcome transportation database is true and correct;
- Ensures the country visa procedure database is up to date with latest information always;
- Prepares welcome briefing folders to be handed over on arrival;
- Update the information on the Integrated Protocol Management Information System Portal;
- Advises participants on referred visa procedures;
- Process invoices for payment.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- University Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution or any related discipline;
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. French language is an added advantage;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- MUST be Computer Proficient.