Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Position: Deputy Commissioner – Research, Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Research Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Purpose of the job:
The Deputy Commissioner – Research Knowledge Management & Corporate Planning will be responsible for the development and implementation of KRA Corporate and Strategic Plans as well as knowledge exchange strategies.
Key Responsibilities of the job:
- Oversee the management of the Research, Knowledge Management, and Corporate Planning Division
- Provide leadership in the development of KRA’s strategic plans as well as monitoring and evaluation of the same
- Oversee the preparation of revenue forecasting, target-spreading and reporting
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the annual research and survey plans
- Undertake continuous macro-economic and sectoral analysis and establish their impact on revenue
- Oversee the Corporate knowledge management strategies.
Skills and Knowledge Job Demands:
Minimum Academic Requirement:
- A minimum of master’s degree or its equivalent in economics, statistics, public policy, public finance, or a related field.
Specialist Training and Membership to Professional Association:
- Membership of a relevant professional body
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- At least fifteen (15) years relevant working experience with at least six (6) years in action oriented research at Leadership level.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills, especially in macroeconomic and sectoral analysis
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish and manage structures, processes and standards
- Excellent writing and presentation skills,
- The ability to clearly communicate complex information
- Able to work closely with, and influence others
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview