Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Project Associate Jobs,
PROJECT ASSOCIATE – LEGAL
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT: LEGAL & PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME
LOCATION: KAKUMA, TURKANA WEST
RCK MISSION: To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
JOB PURPOSE: To provide legal advice and support to forced migrants and host communities on economic inclusion as well as support the organization in administrative legal matters in an effective and efficient manner.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to: Program Manager – Kakuma
: Staff reporting to this post: Interns/Volunteers
- Document cases on economic inclusion of refugees and host community in Turkana West Sub county
- Mobilize and identify individual and business groups while adopting a whole- of –society approach, to strengthen business registration and formation.
- Engage existing community structures, to improve the legal and social environment for refugees and host community in the market place.
- Attend to clients at the legal aid clinic on issues related to establishment and operation of businesses in Kenya.
- Conduct and participate in community awareness activities on registration and regularization of businesses as per the projects requirement.
- Prepare legal opinions and studies on legal issues related but not limited to the economic frameworks within Turkana County.
- Prepare responses to enquiries on legal issues on laws relating to economic inclusion of refugees and the host communities to beneficiaries.
- Support the identification of beneficiaries and develop a profile based on their business needs.
- Support monitoring and reporting of results of economic inclusion of target beneficiaries.
- Support in development of training materials on registration and regularization of businesses during project activities. Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
- Coordinate and carry out program budgetary and administrative tasks.
- Support the development of proposals for fundraising for program work.
- Prepare monthly reports and donor related reports within schedule.
- Update and manage the client databases.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Law or Bachelor of Arts in Business Management or related course
- Two years’ experience working with an NGO/Humanitarian field in economic integration or refugees and the host community is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan legal system relating to business and regional and international instruments on refugees and human rights.
The Job is complex, sensitive and stressful. It also requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of refugee law, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French is desired.
Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as required
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email and telephone contacts, to be received by 5.00pm, Moday 13th July 2020 to:
The Recruitment Committee
Subject Line:“Application for PA in Kakuma“
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
RCK is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview