Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Media jobs Advertising jobs, Branding jobs,
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a TV Reporter. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the News Editor – TV
Key roles & responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating ideas to editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing technical crews for field assignments and location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Providing input, advising crews on what to film or record;
- Using portable digital video (DV) cameras and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Preparing timings for each news item and monitoring these during broadcast;
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- Degree in social science and post-graduate training in journalism or mass communication
- A Post Graduate Degree in Journalism
- At least two years relevant experience in a busy newsroom in a media house covering all aspects of news planning, gathering, editing and airing.
- Excellent written and spoken English and/or Swahili. Capacity for bilingual reporting (English/Swahili) will be an added advantage
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
- Ability to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad including to difficult and dangerous locations in line of duty
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV and a one-page statement explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 23rd November 2021
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/TVR /11/2021 as your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.