Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Development Jobs, Latest jobs,
Position: Business Development Officers
Closing Date: Not Specified
Responsible for business development through marketing and recruiting of customers, processing and disbursement of loans and ensure timely collection of the same to ensure healthy portfolio and a happy and satisfied customer base.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for Marketing of Banks products and services
- Facilitate recruitment and registration of clients in existing and new groups
- Stimulate client training on SMEP policies, procedures and basic business skills, loans, business, e.t.c.
- Ensure that all clients contribute weekly savings and repay their loans on time
- Responsible to evaluate clients’ businesses and determine whether they are worth the amount applied for
- Responsible for client evaluations and loan processing.
- Responsible for maintaining a quality asset portfolio as per the Banks requirements
- Responsible for preparation and submissions of timely daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as per the Banks’ requirements to the respective Office Holders.
- Responsible for recording, verifying and assessing the chattels offered for loans with assistance of the Branch Manager
- Ensure follow-up of defaulters and collection of arrears
- Responsible for record keeping for all clients e.g. savings, loan status etc.
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- A minimum grade of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business related courses from a recognized
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management, credit lending, as well as relevant experience in the Banking sector will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of Microfinance banking industry is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills,
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the population.
- Aged between 26 and 35 years