How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Project Coordinator jobs, Vacancies,
Position: Project Coordinator, TrustLaw
Full-time contract position
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
We are the corporate foundation of Thomson Reuters, the global news and information services company. Established in 1982, the Foundation has 100 staff members in 17 locations around the world, and works to advance media freedom, raise awareness of human rights issues, and develop initiatives to support more inclusive economies.
We believe in the power of information and collaboration to shape a more fair and equal world. Through global news coverage, media development, free legal assistance and our convening authority, we seek to inform, connect and empower people around the world. Our mission is to inspire collective leadership by building global awareness of the challenges facing humanity, and empowering others to shape free, fair and open societies.
TrustLaw is the world’s leading pro bono legal service. The service and wider programme helps high-impact NGOs and social enterprises by connecting them with the world’s best law firms and in-house legal teams that provide free legal assistance.
Legal requests range from everyday operational and commercial matters – such as corporate structuring, intellectual property, non-profit governance or employment advice – to large scale cross-border legal research projects. Research projects are based on NGO priorities across social or policy issues ranging from human trafficking and slavery, to domestic violence laws, health and social innovation policy, with a growing number in Thomson Reuters Foundation focus areas of media freedom, inclusive economies as well as human rights.
Launched in 2010, TrustLaw has grown to include more than 5,000 members in 175 countries, including over 950 law firms and in-house legal teams and over 4,750 NGO and social enterprise members.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Thomson Reuters Foundation is recruiting for a Project Coordinator for TrustLaw to support the team to produce the TrustLaw Index of Pro Bono, Thomson Reuters Foundation’s global benchmark that maps the scale and trends of the pro bono legal sector, and to assist with other administration related to TrustLaw. The position would be based in Nairobi in Thomson Reuters’ office.
Reporting to the Africa Legal Programme Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with TrustLaw’s team of 23 people across 9 countries.
- Support the development of the TrustLaw Index of Pro Bono, Thomson Reuters Foundation’s global benchmark of the scale and trends of the pro bono legal sector.
- Develop and distribute surveys to collect data for purposes of populating the Index.
- Liaise with lawyers and law firms around the world to ensure TrustLaw receives accurate and adequate data and information about legal pro bono practices globally.
- Ensure that data is well-organised and assist the Africa Programme Legal Manager to analyse the data to identify trends and recommendations to improve pro bono practices.
- Work with the Africa Programme Legal Manager to present the results of surveys in an easy-to-read format, developing graphs and charts as required.
- Liaise with the Foundation’s Digital and Design teams to ensure the smooth development of the website and digital assets to showcase the results of the Index.
- Support the team to publicise the Index including promotional events and liaison with the Foundation’s Communications and Digital teams to ensure that the Index results are communicated to target audiences (e.g. across social media channels).
- Support the team with fundraising efforts to ensure the longevity of the Index.
- Support the management team with administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the TrustLaw service and provide support for ad hoc projects as required.
- Administer, monitor and report on accounts and pro bono projects on Salesforce.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong administrative and project management experience.
- Experience with databases and survey tools (knowledge of Salesforce and/or SurveyGizmo would be an advantage).
- An ability to analyse, model and interpret data.
- A proactive, process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail.
- An excellent communicator with first-class written and verbal communication skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter, with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A good understanding of the legal industry internationally preferred.
- Fluent in English, other languages highly desirable.
- Have the right to work in Kenya.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2020
Salary: The salary is relative to the charitable sector and will be commensurate with experience.
This is a three-year contract position.
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with exact subject line Project Coordinator TrustLaw.