Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Finance Jobs, Womankind Jobs,
Position: Finance Officer
Reporting To: Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Work Station: Garissa (with field visits)
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Womankind Kenya (WOKIKE) is a local NGO with community based development initiatives targeting pastoral population in Kenya. Our head office is located in Garissa County; liaison office in Nairobi and several field offices. The organization targets women and children, the most vulnerable members of the society; it addressed issues of education, improved sustainable livelihoods, water and sanitation, health, Human rights and advocacy, women’s empowerment; civic education, emergency / disaster interventions. WOKIKE works with the pastoral communities at large for improved well-being of the population
Womankind Kenya supports community initiatives through (i) capacity building demand side for effective advocacy; (ii) inclusion of beneficiary population in planning and monitoring of community projects to ensure quality; (iii) Service delivery through model community infrastructures.
Positions Key role
To This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the WOKIKE project to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
Planning & Budgeting
• Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
• Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
• Ensure Planning Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure compliance with MWENDO guidelines and other standards
• Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
• Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
• Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
• Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
• Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
• Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
• Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
• prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
• Management of balance sheet accounts
• Ensure safe custody of cash and cheque book
• Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement.
• Cash flow management to ensure compliance with target low.
• Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Programs/Projects.
• Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
• Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
Person Specifications and Qualifications:
- KCSE mean score of C+ and above
- Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Accounting or Finance, Business management / Administration or related degree
- A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience:
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, CV and testimonial / Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach on or before 5.00PM, 13th June 2020