Sales, Marketing, Retail, Business Development,
B2C Sales Project Lead
- Reporting to the Kenya Sales Manager, the B2C Sales Project Lead will be tasked to provide the best route to market strategy and build a sales structure of Team leaders and agents that will support the growth agenda. The person will also ensure that verified and credible data is collected on all registered BURN stoves.
- Sales Strategy: Develop and execute a B2C penetration and sales strategy for the Northeastern Kenya region and drive sales and volume growth in the region.
- Expansion: Open new markets and relationships and expand regional coverage.
- Team Management: Build, train, and manage a team of Territory Sales Managers, BURN sales executives, and B2B Partner agents across the country.
- Sales Support Initiatives: Propose sales support initiatives & campaigns that will drive the sales growth agenda and in conjunction with marketing.
- Sales Forecasting: Monitor and analyze indirect channel sales volumes, pipeline activity, and competitive activity and develop plans to beat the set targets.
- Reporting: Produce analytical performance reports, including analyzing key sales, marketing, carbon registration, and regional team performance metrics.
- B2C Sales experience in the North-Eastern Region of Kenya not less than 3 years.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field.
- A track record of high performance in a related role/project in the region.
- B2C team management experience, including hiring, and retaining a large team.
- A good understanding of data, including analysis and developing actionable insights.
- Experience in market research and integrating this into a sales approach.
- Ability to produce and present professional strategy, reports, and accurate forecasts.
Senior Design Engineer
- Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the individual will play a crucial supporting role within the R&D functions in Ruiru, Kenya. This individual will be responsible for leading and delivering innovative design solutions, and design reviews, and take accountability for the management and execution of design process details within the engineering department.
- Conceptual and detailed design and engineering of clean cookstoves
- Take a leadership role in assigned design and engineering projects.
- Guide and train junior engineers and designers in getting projects done and enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product.
- Work with management, commercial- and market research teams to develop well-reasoned product strategies and requirements.
- Further development and implementation of Burns’s internal design processes.
- Lead the development and ensure the quality of documentation for projects as required by the internal design process (stage-gate)
- Creating and maintaining requirement documents, development reports, cost studies, and part and process specification documentation
- Communicating with the respective stakeholders about the project and their task herein.
- Research and developing manufacturing processes including designing tools for production.
- Prototyping by means of sheet metal forming, welding, general metal fabrication, 3d printing and others.
- Testing concepts and prototypes in the lab and field
- Creating models and drawings in CAD software.
- Mechanical engineering, product development, or industrial design background.
- Good command of CAD software, and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with basic tool shop equipment and tools, such as drill press, mill, lathe, etc
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of process development.
- Experience in tooling, jigs, and fixtures design.
- Preference for experience with CNC, sheet metal, production environments, or process development.