FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
ChildFund International (http://www.ChildFund.org) is a global child-focused development and protection agency and a founding member of the ChildFund Alliance.
Sponsor Relations Intern
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sponsor Relations Intern will sit in the ChildFund Kenya Country Office and work with the Sponsor Relations Manager. The candidate is expected to:
- Participate in timely processing of general correspondences.
- Ensure high quality and timely downloading of sponsor mail from the Donor Portal
- Ensure timely uploading of electronic children’s mail to the Letter Translation Exchange.
- Printing of the donor mail and submitting them to LPs.
- Processing of sponsor inquiries on SalesForce.
- Follow up on sponsor inquiry responses from LPs.
- Performing any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work and communicate with employees of all levels.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in Swahili required.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in international development, child development, community development or a related field.
Responsible for management of the Country Office communications strategy that positions and showcases a coherent message on the organization’s core intent, the country’s programs and advocacy initiatives, and enhances visibility and brand recognition. Position supports both external and internal communications.
- Implement a comprehensive in-country communication strategy that profiles the impact of ChildFund’s work, using written and visual storytelling.
- Develop, implement and maintain an in-country online communication presence using the web and social networks.
- Lead new approaches to creating and distributing multi-media content related to ChildFund in country.
Content Creation and Management
- Create and deliver content – stories, photos, video, quotes, and other information – that help the organization build and nurture relationships with donors and the general public, globally. Proactively share stories and visual assets with the International Office and Alliance partners. Provide high-quality English translations of all story material.
- Storyteller – visual and written. In accordance with the global content calendar, collect stories, photos and video about children and their experiences of the sponsorship relationship and ChildFund’s programs, to show impact and build donor trust as well as engagement.
- Write, edit, and oversee the production of publications such as newsletters, annual report, brochures, policy planning reports, etc.
- Coach local partner staff on capturing and sharing stories, photos and videos about children and their experiences of the sponsorship relationship and ChildFund’s programs.
- Ensure that all content deliverables comply with branding guidelines, child safeguarding standards and other controls of the organization.
- Support Program, Business Development and Advocacy teams in creation of collaterals and other published material. Ensure global awareness and access to final materials.
- Keep the International Office content contact apprised of Country Office initiatives, successes, events, holidays and other items of potential relevance to global communications, both internal and external.
- Manage rapid collection of child-focused quotes, stories, photo and video in the immediate aftermath of emergencies.
- Knowledge Management & Learning Support: Develop and/or ensure your teams develop learning and knowledge products that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products.
- Act as brand ambassador, responsible for in-country communications, including collateral print materials, country digital channels and for managing in-country media relations, all toward building the brand.
- Create and deliver content for public messages and branding of ChildFund in country.
- Raise awareness through media of the value and impact of major ChildFund projects in the country.
- Alert Country Office Director to potential reputation risks in country.
- Manage activities, communications, special events, workshops, meetings and conferences.
Alliance Relationship Management
- Proactively and frequently prepare timely updates for ChildFund International website and/or members of ChildFund Alliance.
- In consultation and collaboration with Program & Sponsorship Director/Manager and Fundraising and Engagement, determine creative and innovative ways to address reporting requirements for ChildFund International programs for Alliance partners using the SMART system (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely) and effective storytelling.
- Generate compelling marketing collateral to support ChildFund fundraising initiatives in country.
- Serve as a member of the global internal communications team/network. Act as a champion for internal communications. Support development and execution of a global internal communications strategy and plan in partnership with senior leaders, based on assessment of audiences and needs. Curate, develop and edit content for a variety of internal communications mediums to promote “One ChildFund”, and deliver content across multiple channels and mediums, in multiple languages. Help select and roll out existing or new internal communications tools (in partnership with Knowledge Management & Learning and IT), and train senior leaders and staff in effective communications techniques and usage of tools. (if & when relevant) Support internal response to crisis situations which affect perception and reputation
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Public Relations/Journalism/Corporate Communications/Marketing Relations or related field.
- Equivalent relevant work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Proficiency in use of social networking and new media tools.
- Analytical skills with knowledge and good understanding of global and national development issues.
- Proven extensive contact with editors and journalists from in-country media.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral; English required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as desktop and web-based publishing, photo and video editing tools.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in journalism, marketing, public relations, media campaigns, and nonprofit communication or related area.
- Clear grasp of communications strategies and creativity in applying them to raise awareness of ChildFund’ s activities and achievements.
- Extensive event organization and promotion experience.
- Strong experience with website development and content management systems. Ability to express technical concepts in clear, simple language for diverse audiences, including the general public.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview