Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
NGO, NPO & Charity jobs, Product & Project Management jobs,
Programme Officer (PO) – Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Programme Officer (PO) – Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships. The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent field travel to DCA and partner field sites, and reports to the Head of Programmes.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
The main responsibilities of the Programme Officer (PO) are:
Fundraising, project design and proposal development:
Ø With the Head of Programmes and Country Director, strategically engage with donors to develop DCA’s funding opportunities and align these with partner plans and approaches.
Ø Support the development of new project ideas, concept notes and full proposals including financial planning and budgeting.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
Ø Work with programme team members to support the use of data, research and learning to help DCA and partners adjust programming approaches and share learning with others.
Ø Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports.
Ø Collaborate and coordinate with partners and programme teams to ensure that consolidated narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
Ø Coordinate with DCA team members and potential consultants, as well as with partner staff, on the evaluation of project activities, documenting lessons learned through case studies and review workshops.
Ø Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
Ø In close consultations with the HoP, serve as the DCA Kenya Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)/Accountability focal point in engaging with DCA and partner staff in implementing the approved organisational Accountability Improvement Plans (AIPs).
Partner support and capacity building
Ø Ensure regular and effective partner communication and follow up on project cycle management related aspects.
Ø Engage with DCA’s partners to understand and support them in their own growth trajectory, tailoring the support DCA provides with the needs and request for support from partners.
Ø Facilitate, monitor and follow up on partner financial and programmatic implementation.
Ø Analyse partner project data and reports to draw lessons learned and work with the partner to propose corrective measures where necessary.
Ø Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Head of Programmes.
Ø Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Head of Programmes from time to time.
§ University level education in any of the following fields: Project Management, Economics/Business, Social Science or Rural /Community development or equivalent.
§ At least 5 years of experience supporting market-based livelihoods & value chain development and/or youth empowerment programmes preferred.
§ Proven project cycle management and monitoring & evaluation skills.
§ Knowledge of the rights-based approach & the international standards for working with humanitarian response such as SPHERE, Code of Conduct, & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
§ Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
§ Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
How to apply
Apply through:- https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vacancies/programme-officer-design-monitoring-evaluation-partnerships-dca-kenya-office
· The deadline for applications is: 26/10/2021
· Only online applications will be accepted.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
DCA offers: DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period. **
Programme Assistant Intern (PAI)
DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nakuru, Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. We implement projects directly and through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org
DCA is seeking to recruit an energetic Kenyan National for an internship position as Programme Assistant. The intern will serve for a period of one year. The position is Nairobi based with travels to the field – and reports to the DCA Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships Officer (DMEP Officer).
The PAI is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the DCA Kenya program team members throughout the design, planning and implementation of the country program.
The main responsibilities of the intern are:-
Program & Operational Support
· Facilitate logistical support to DCA team members and potential consultants, as well as with relevant partner staff, on the monitoring and evaluation of project/program activities.
· Support planning for and participate in the Country program annual critical reflection workshops & partners platform.
· In close consultations with the PO-DMEP, facilitate and support digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other relevant assessments.
· Support in uploading & updating all the necessary program documentation in the relevant DCA internal platforms (PPD & Maconomy).
· Support in organising program/project training events & meetings & support in taking minutes/notes as well as following up on key action points with relevant staff.
· Assist the PO-DMEP in building up an inventory of relevant consultants and capacity building institutions relevant to the work of DCA in Kenya.
· In close consultations with PO-DMEP, facilitate the initiation, processing & approval of key purchase requests (PRs) related to program cross cutting activities.
· Participate in relevant HQ organised technical webinars in close consultations with the PO-DMEP.
Communication & Visibility
· In close consultations with the PO-DMEP, support and facilitate regular and effective partner communication and follow up on project grant management related aspects.**
· Support the Communication Assistant (CA) in organising and facilitating media visits and creation of program/project implementation content and messaging for social media dissemination.**
· Support the Communication Assistant in monitoring the DCA social media accounts and share highlight on key trending developments.**
· Participate in relevant HQ organised communication webinars in close consultations with the CA.**
· Work closely and maintain constant communications and coordination with DCA Kenya partner organization and communication focal points.**
· Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the PO-DMEP & Head of Program (HoP).
· Take active and constructive part in the teamwork at the DCA Kenya office as well as suggest possible improvements to the work at the office.
· When requested, represent DCA and participate in various relevant meetings (including the ACT Kenya Forum – AKF, taskforces & working groups) in consultation with the PO – DMEP.
· Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the PO-DMEP from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· University degree in a relevant field – social sciences, community development, social work or equivalent.
· Demonstrates excellent time-management skills, interpersonal skills, exhibits ability to multitask on a regular basis & pays close attention to detail.
· Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Exhibits confident, friendly and professional demeanour.
· Demonstrates knowledge of proper compositional practices to aid in writing and proofreading.
· Communicates clearly, respectfully, and effectively & exhibits strong organizational skills.
· Demonstrates ability to think creatively to assist in special event planning and representation.
· Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Apply through: _https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vacancies/internship-opportunity-programme-assistant-danchurchaid-kenya
The deadline for applications is: 26/10/2021
Only online applications will be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.