Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Sales jobs, Marketing jobs, Retail and Business Development jobs,
- Delivering on the business plan by leveraging on the power of the marketplace, bringing orientations, feedback, and support to the commercial team.
- Leading the commercial plan, taking an active role in the definition and execution of Jumia’s commercial strategy.
- Understanding the market, vendors, and customers to bring valuable insights and convictions to support your data driven commercial recommendations.
- Monitoring daily performance to achieve present targets and objectives.
- Building analysis, flying high and diving deep, to ensure smart reporting on the performance across all categories leading to action-oriented recommendations including ○ Building forecasts for large commercial events ○ Building detailed monthly projections and allocations at category level.
- Working seamlessly with all departments (Commercial, Marketing, Onsite, Operations…), enabling decision making, problem solving and ensuring laser focus execution.
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross-functional initiatives.
- Constantly working toward improving and simplifying our tools and processes
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Action and results oriented.
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions.
- Fast learner and well organized.
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to make strategic decisions.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth given the challenges that we propose you to take
City Manager Eldoret
About the Role
As a city manager your role will be twofold. On the one hand you will work as a member of our sales and account management team and be responsible for identifying, approaching and signing contracts with restaurant partners. You will help develop our offering to restaurants and manage key accounts and help to grow existing businesses by leveraging your sales and relationship management skills. In addition to this, the role will have an operational component and you will manage the local rider base and have to ensure that local operations are handled effectively. After closing the contract you will continue your relationship with restaurant partners and identify and conduct initiatives to activate them. We are looking for a generalist who is passionate about Jumia Food and enjoys interacting and negotiating with partners. You’ll leverage your skills in emailing, cold-calling, and driving internal processes to set up our partnerships for success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the entire sales process with new partners to source and negotiate the best products in your city to deliver it to our customers
- Drive expansion of existing clients as well as generating new business at prospect chains
- Manage contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our restaurant partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Meet monthly targets set out by the management team
- Daily report with the tasks executed (calls and visits)
- Help us identify and build best practices for your sales team and others
- Ensure end-to-end operational excellence with partners, customers, customer service agents and riders
- Maintains city staff (riders) by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training riders.
- Recommends programs and services by identifying and anticipating new trends
- Fluency in English is a must
- Willing to relocate in Kenya
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in Sales – preferably in a startup environment
- Proactive, organized, and obsessed with detail and accuracy
- Know how to negotiate your way into a super deal through sales techniques and persuasion
- Have excellent communication skills. Eloquent, with good grammar and writing skills
- Autonomous and self-starter who is able to work in a highly demanding environment
- Computer literate; good knowledge of Google Docs and MS Office.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations is a plus
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving ecommerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation