Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Engineering and Technical jobs, ICT jobs,
Engineer – Regional Network Infrastructure
Network Infrastructure department is responsible for planning, deployment and maintenance of the bank data communication needs. The team is responsible for Branch Connectivity, Core Network, IP telephony, Perimeter Security and Network Admission Control.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
The role holder will provide primary support for regional branch network elements (Routers, Switches, IP Telephony, Network Security and Network Access Control). He/She will also be responsible for ensuring all required security controls and audit remediation is done for the responsible region.
The position holder will provide primary support for regional branch network elements (Routers, Switches, IP Telephony, Network Security and Network Access Control). The job holder will also be responsible for ensuring all required security controls and audit remediation is done for the responsible region.
- Installs and configures WAN and LAN elements to ensure business needs are met.
- Maintains documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software for the regional responsible for.
- Provision of timely and high quality and cost-effective network infrastructure to support the bank regional branch network.
- Researching on and deployment of modern technologies and its application of industry standards and best practices to network installations
- Ensure all regional network installations adhere to industry standards and best practices.
- Provide support for subsidiary network teams and act as an escalation point for all network related issues.
- Service level Application in relation to Telecommunication service providers and Equipment supporting network functions for the regional branch network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Cisco Certification such as CCNA, CCNP etc is required.
- Certification in Network Security such as Fortinet, Checkpoint will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- Cisco Network Management.
- IP Telephony.
- Knowledge and experience in Firewall Management & Network Automation is desired.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
The role holder will be responsible for the Enterprise Architecture (technical, systems, business & information architecture) of Technology systems used by or to be procured by the Bank. He/ She will ensure that all IT Systems are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture Framework, Bank Policy and Best Practice. In addition, he/ she will be responsible for IT Governance which reviews all IT systems used by or to be procured to ensure they are aligned to the Bank and IT strategy, plans, policies and standards.
The Technical Architect will also be responsible for developing Technical blueprints (Systems, interfaces, networks, hardware requirements and standards) and related documentation for IT Systems in use by or to be procured in line with Bank policy, system architecture best practice, standards, and methods.
In addition, he /she will transform complex requirements into functional architecture by working in a team to deliver cost-efficient and effective IT solutions to the organization.
- Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions. Understand the bigger picture and assess all smaller technical components and solutions as a coherent part of the whole infrastructure.
- Build a holistic view of the Bank’s strategy, processes, information and IT assets and ensuring the business and IT requirements are aligned.
- Designs complex systems in the Bank when required at the component level, make strategic technology choices, and directly supervise the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components.
- Technical assessment (e.g. platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies,
- uptime/availability, business processes).
- Knowledge of strategic IT solutions// technologies for cloud enablement and Platform as a Service and evaluate the platform capabilities vis -à-vis the trends; plan the roadmap to incorporate the required functionality into the Bank infrastructure.
- Responsible for right design and development of multi-tiered, distributed architecture, scalable applications in a client -server / web environment.
- Provides knowledge leadership in relevant research areas, technology tools & standards and architectural governance.
- Provides guidance to project teams regarding guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
- Support and create a standard Framework for development projects and Common Library of re-usable
- Work with application development teams in the Bank, understand the functional requirements of the end applications and arrive at the functionality requirement for the platform.
- Be involved in research, architecture, design, development, testing, benchmarking and coordination with associated group(s).
- Participate in critical analysis of existing solutions with the aim of designing an improvement roadmap.
- Explore alternative approaches, preparing documents and explaining architectures to stakeholders, non-technical staff, architects, and developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- At least one professional qualifications in the following list:- CBAP,/TOGAF/ ITIL/MCSE/MCITP/CCNA/CISA/OCP-CONTAINER PLATFORM/MCDBA/ ORACLE /LINUX
- 5 years technology experience in at least two IT disciplines such as (Technology architecture, application architecture, security architecture, Integration, micro services, and SOA).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, cloud, and processing environments.
- Prior working experience in a leading formal enterprise architecture framework.
- Experience working with diverse Hardware and Software Platforms.
- Experience of WAN & LAN design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Experience of Network Security Implementation and Design
- Exceptional project management, problem solving, interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term implications on individual components and projects
- Ability to liaise with all levels of management and subject matter experts across the industry and within the organization to drive adoption of Technical Architecture.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Solution Architecture, the role holder will be responsible for the Enterprise Architecture (technical, systems, business & information architecture) of Technology systems used by or to be procured by the Bank.
He/She will ensure that all Technology Systems are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture Framework, Bank policy and best practice. In addition, he/she will be responsible for solution-level reviews, recommendations, and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes.
The holder of this position leverages their profound knowledge of available technologies to suggest the best solution according to the incoming requirements and existing environment. The key deliverable of this role is to provide a set of technological solutions and the strategy of their implementation.
- Analyzing enterprise specifics – Facilitate the identification and analysis of the Bank’s business drivers to deliver enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements.
- Analyzing and documenting requirements- Elicit business requirements using interviews, analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Setting the collaboration framework- Liaise with the Business subject matter experts in the development of business architectural framework developing a clear roadmap of Business solutions.
- Analyzing the technology environment- Provide an analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement vis a vis information technology systems enhancement.
- Controlling solution development-Participate in solution developments to ensure technical and business requirements are adhered to.
- Supporting project management- Provide architectural oversight of projects and ensure that requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Leverage’s business capabilities as a platform for illustrating the link between business needs with decisions to their technology, solution, business and information architecture efforts.
- Translates strategic initiatives into delivery-focused change initiatives, while translating business processes and issues into effective conceptual and logical models.
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents.
- Ability to independently facilitate discussions with groups of diverse stakeholders and manage the flow of conversation while driving to meet business objectives.
- Ability to independently manage conflict among diverse cross portfolio stakeholders related to competing interests and requirements.
- Able to help stakeholders objectively examine real needs versus wants and ways to collaborate to achieve win/win resolutions.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field of study.
- At least one professional qualifications in the following list: CBAP, TOGAF, ITIL Foundation, Design Thinking and Innovation; Project Management – PRINCE II.
- 5 years technology experience in at least two IT disciplines such as business architecture, application architecture, application development, middleware, micro services, and SOA.
- Experience working with Database Management Systems.
- Experience in a leading formal enterprise architecture framework.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, cloud and processing environments.
- Excellent understanding of software delivery processes, (DevOps) and methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, hybrid).