Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
KEMRI Jobs, IT Jobs
- The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
- KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:-
SENIOR INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER, JOB
GROUP KMR 5 – 2 POSITIONS
The duties and responsibilities of the officer at this level will entail:
- Developing documentation of computer programs and drawing up hardware specifications according to instructions;
- analysing, designing, coding, testing and implementing computer programs and security systems; training and giving support to users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
- maintaining up to date equipment maintenance register;
- installing, configuring and monitoring Local Area Network and Wide Area Network components;
- updating and maintaining the Institute’s website;
- Performing regular data and application backups; and
- vMentoring staff.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience in Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Informatics, Business
- Information Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering, or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Microsoft Dynamics Professional certification such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Functional Consultant, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Core Finance and Operations, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, or any other Microsoft Dynamics equivalent certifications.
- Supervisory course lasting not less two (2) weeks from a recognized institution; from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team work
Terms of Employment:
- Employment is for one (1) year contract, as per KEMRI Human
- Resource policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
- All the applications to be done through www.kemri.org on or before 19th August 2020 not later than 5.00 p.m.
- KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED
- TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview