Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Clinical Jobs, Data Management Jobs, Career Opportunities, KEMRI Jobs,
Clinical Officer, KMR 8 – 2 Positions
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
The incumbent is responsible for providing quality health care services to study participants through diagnosing, investigating and treating patients and participate in research activities to improve human health. The CO will follow up study participants on a monthly basis and administer essential services outlined in the SOPs. Reporting to the Research Administrator, the Clinical Officer will be responsible for research in children between 6 months and 15 years including standard data collection, history taking and clinical examination, sample collection, mRDT and blood slide preparation for malaria diagnosis and other procedures as necessary. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Be registered with relevant authorities and in possession of a valid practicing license.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in both English and Swahili, written and spoken, Teso will be an added advantage
- Training in Good Clinical Practices and Paediatric Life Support are added advantages
- Knowledge of malaria case management
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to collect study data using tablets
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of clinical data for the project from the Health facilities using tablets and paper forms as necessary
- Consenting potential study participants and screening for eligibility including pregnancy testing of girls 13-15years of age
- Follow up research participants for study end points in collaboration with an assigned community interviewer
- Assist with clinical care both in the outpatient and inpatient in designated health facilities. This will include on-call out of hours as needed
- Conduct trial related assessments and collection of data using case record forms in accordance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Liaise with the Research Administrator, epidemiology manager and other Clinical Officers as necessary
- Record and report adverse and severe adverse events to the Research Administrator, epidemiology manager and PI
- Diagnose, and treat study participants and members of the community in collaboration with health facilities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Clerical Officer – Data, KMR 10
The data clerk will report to data manager and will be responsible for data verification, data entry and management activities.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
The data clerk’s responsibilities shall include and not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database(s)
- Query resolution arising during data verification and reconciliation in a timely manner
- Work with the Data manager to ensure that data is routinely backed up, and uphold maximum data confidentiality
- Meet data team allocated targets.
- Communicate closely with Data Manager to ensure priority tasks are completed.
- Generating simple reports
- Conduct training of CHVs when required
- O-level Secondary Education with a minimum grade of D+(Plus)
- Certificate in computer applications, especially Windows
- Good English, Swahili and Dholuo, both spoken and written
- Good Clinical practice (GCP) certificate Desired Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Attention to details and good work ethics
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
Data Manager J/G KMR 6
The successful candidate will work with the Study Coordinator and the Principal Investigators in designing a robust data management system and work with other data managers in designing and implementing data collection systems and overseeing data collection and staff training. The incumbent shall be expected to operate from the KEMRI-CGHR field station in Kisian with occasional visits to the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design build, and implement study databases and data collection tools
- Devise and implement efficient procedures for automation of data outputs and dashboards for data visualization
- Oversee (in conjunction with technical experts) the use and operation of data capture and storage platforms and ensure compliance with the national and international standards
- Assist with the training, management, and supervision of the daily data collection at the field sites
- Maintain tablets and other equipment used for data collection, ensuring data is downloaded daily and forms are updated as needed
- Perform regular data reviews and identify problems with the data quality and integrity, communicate the issues and work with program staff and supervisors for timely corrective action/query resolution
- Create/Script automated anomaly/error detection systems and constantly track performance.
- Create and manage data dictionaries, as well as version control of study forms
- BSc in Computer Science, Biostatistics, Applied Statistics or any other related field
- Familiarity with modern database systems and information technologies including USSDs, Cloud computing and cloud server management
- Knowledge of statistical packages/programs such as R, MySQL and STATA will be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a focus on quality and innovation
- Ability to prioritize work, exercise initiative and work with minimal direction
- Adaptability to changes in work duties, responsibilities, and requirements
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues, including research scientists
Clerical Officer (CI) KMR 10 – 2 Positions
- O-Level secondary education with a minimum grade of a D+ (plus)
- Certificate in HIV counselling and testing
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kiswahili and Dholuo
- Minimum of one-year experience in conducting surveys in a field setting.
- Valid good clinical practice and human subject certificate
- Be a female
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify potential study participants
- Consent and recruit eligible participants
- Conduct project activities under the guidance of a field supervisors e.g. surveys, blood collection and other biological sample collections
- Record collected data on logs and other instruments
- Report outcome of assigned work on a daily basis
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of research data
- Participate in project trainings and meetings
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Research Scientist (Social Science)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Community Health, Social Work, Community Development or related discipline from a recognized institution
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kiswahili and Dholuo
- Only female applicants will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Take part in community engagement and sensitization activities
- Document the key methods/procedures of the study
- Interview, moderate or take notes during focus groups interviews, in-depth interviews, transect walks, and girls’ journal
- Transcribe and translate collected data into English language
- Code and analyze transcripts
- Write summary reports based on the work conducted
- Read, evaluate and precis relevant literature
Method of Application
Terms of Employment:
One-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period in the first 3 months
Remuneration: The salary scale is based on applicable KEMRI salary scale.
Applications must include the following:
- Letter of application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current CV with contact telephone numbers and e-mail address
- Three Reference Letters
- Copies of certificates, transcripts
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply through post to
Deputy Director, CGHR,
P. O. Box 1578-40100
Kisumu not later than December 13th, 2022