Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Business Development Manager, Develops Engineer, Lori Jobs,
Business Development Manager – East Africa
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that is building a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa. Our tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually. In November 2020, CNN published a feature article on Lori and how its robust technology will transform African economies and their ability to compete on the global stage.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors and recently entered a partnership with Imperial Logistics, the largest logistics provider in Africa. Today, Lori moves goods across nearly 20 countries in East, West, and Southern Africa.
2021 is on course to be our most exciting year yet as we continue to massively scale, and provide the revolutionary logistics software solutions that our customers need.
The Lori team of ~140 employees is led by a team obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Uche Ogboi, CEO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi, Nigerian native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
About the Position
Lori is looking for a talented and proven Business Development Manager to join our team, grow our customer base, and increase the adoption of our enterprise platform. The successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director and Product Operations Manager at Lori to ensure the exponential growth of our customer base across West and East African markets. If this resonates with you, we cannot wait to meet you and share Lori’s vision to digitize and revolutionize Africa’s $200B+ logistics industry.
- Build out the sales pipeline for Lori’s enterprise platform and drive movement across the funnel from initial contact to closed sales
- Drive increased adoption of Lori’s enterprise platform and ensure all features are utilised
- Work with the customers to understand challenges to adoption and escalate problems to the relevant parties
- Live and breathe Lori’s clients’ day to day and understand every part of their experience
- Report on the weekly and monthly status of sales pipeline and platform adoption
- Grow the enterprise platform’s customer base and the Gross Transaction Value – in line with the organisational targets
- Provide relevant information on Lori’s platform and services to customers and identify upselling opportunities
- Identify qualified leads and potential business opportunities through networking activities and personal network when possible, and connect point person of target companies to the Managing Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven track record of success moving deals across the sales cycle – from initial contact to closed sales
- Minimum 4 years experience in a sales and/or client relationship management role
- Experience running training sessions and driving adoption of technology products
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Self-motivated, proactive and positive attitude
- Assist other engineering teams in maintaining of software in ensuring at least 99.99%
availability of the platform
- Maintain our code deployment and management infrastructure
- Help Define framework and tools to be used in management of code quality across the
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability,
performance, monitoring, and alerting.
- Monitor site reliability and participate in efforts to improve reliability and scalability
- Find and address software and systems performance concerns
Skills And Qualifications
- At least 2 years’ experience working with server-side programming languages, preferably python
- Experience with microservices.
- Deep knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of best practices in continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and workflows, such as Git/Gitflow
- Working knowledge of GraphQL will be an added advantage
- Proven experience supporting a distributed architecture
- Strong Familiarity with Azure & Amazon Web Services.
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet).
Closing Date: Not Specified