Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Ol Pejeta Conservancy Jobs, Head of Accounting Jobs, Head of Grant Finance Jobs
Head of Accounting
- The Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC) – a leading wildlife conservancy that works to conserve wildlife, provides a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for reinvestment in conservation and community development is seeking applicants for the position of Head of Accounting
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Head of Accounting oversees all accounting activities in the organisation and also for ensuring that Ol Pejeta’s financial information is complete and financially sound; that they are managed through a robust and proactive reporting system and provide accurate, financial reporting insights to enable comprehensive financial decision making.
- Specifically the role oversees all the day to day aspects of the accounting and reporting functions and is involved in the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, partnerships, and the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives. The position is also expected to work with other departmental heads and staff on financial matters that cut across the entire organisation.the larger finance department. The Head of Accounting makes recommendations for systems improvements across the finance department and oversees the implementation of approved changes across the department upon approval.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
Accounting. Policies and Financial Reporting
- Supervise the preparation of accurate, timely, and prudent financial and management information reports to support effective financial decisions:
- Prepare and or extract periodic financial statements to inform on current status and projected performance to the different stakeholders e.g. senior management, BOD and the public (statutory accounts)
- Lead in the documentation of all financial books and records and also review, maintain, and reconcile general ledgers and sub ledgers in the financial information system (Infor 10 systems)
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation, and ensure compliance with statutory obligations to minimise risk of litigation, financial and reputational loss, etc.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting of all business units.
- Lead in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures within the accounting
- department and the entire organisation
Analysis & Advisory
- Ensure that all expenditures are aligned to Ol Pejeta’s budgets and prepare regular analysis of status highlighting any areas of concern:
- Advise on appropriate technology to meet the organisation’s financial data processing, controls, and reporting requirements
- Contribute to the development of the annual budget by providing guidance to departments/budget holders during department budget planning
- Support the finance function in preparation of monthly performance/variance analyses and forecast reports, carrying out cash flow analysis and management (financial projections) to inform management decisions
- Lead the the Accounting department in the preparation and monitoring the business’s annual budgets and liaises with external auditors to drive ad hoc projects that will improve process efficiency.
- Ensures that there is a proactive engagement across the accounting department in implementing audit findings with a view of improving the business’s overall financial performance.
- Review monthly expenditure and recommend areas where savings can be made.
- Participate in identifying financial risks, and threats pertaining to financial processes and systems of the organisation
- Coordinate, prepare and submit external audit materials.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CPA or equivalent) and degree in related field e.g. Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a Senior Accountant level.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and previous experience in using the Infor10 SunSystems application or other ERP system would be an advantage.
- A solid background in financial policy development and experience in developing and enforcing internal financial controls and procedures.
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Tax Management under Kenyan tax laws
- Ability to combine trading and grant/donor activity and accounting for both incomes and expenditure.
- Capability in a multi-currency financial environment encompassing budgeting, reporting and foreign currency exposure analysis.
- Established track record of delivering quality product to tight deadlines and of balancing multiple commitments
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information, strengthen capacity, respond to questions, and write reports, policies and procedures, and other critical documents.
- Self-motivated, results focused and able to work with minimal supervision
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating respect for, and understanding of, cultural differences and the management thereof.
- Strong staff management and team building and mentoring skills.
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative, innovative and dependable.
How To Apply
Any person who wishes to be considered for this position is requested to submit their application letters together with copies of relevant certificates, testimonials/references and any valid professional licenses to email address below by Tuesday 21st July 2020.:
Head of Human Capital
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
P.O. Box Private Bag,
Email address : email@example.com with the mail subject as: Head of Accounting
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
THE OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ALL POTENTIAL CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview