Administration jobs, Secretarial jobs, Project Management jobs,
The job exists to provide secretarial and logistical support to the offices of the Directors and Deputy Directors and Head of Regional Offices to ensure smooth running of all
Key Responsibilities /Duties/Tasks
- Guide junior staff working in the Administrative;
- Recording information in shorthand and transcribing in typewritten form processing data and managing e-office;
- Operating office equipment;
- Ensuring security of office equipment, documents and records;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Managing office petty cash;
- Ensuring good office layout; and
- Ensuring that all visitors are sanitized before they enter into the offices.
- Responsible for procurement budget for the office administrative services approves procurement requisitions for office administrative services
- Responsibility for physical assets
- Computer and accessories
- Furniture (Assorted)
- Telephone set
- Wall clock
- Water dispenser
- Television set
- Decision making /Job Influence
- Operational decisions
- Financial decisions
- The job holder will operate in an office setting with numerous visits to regional offices.
- Maintaining sensitive records.
- Minor accidents possible, such as cuts, bruises and strains
- Exposure to machines, fasteners cuts, dusty files and pins.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or Bachelor of Business and Office Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences AND a Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution;
- Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership to a relevant professional body and in good standing where applicable.
Previous Work Experience
Functional skills Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Management skills
- Customer care skills
- Computing Skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Financial management skills
- Communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Team player
- Organizational skills
- Shorthand and Typing skills
Deputy Director, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships
- The purpose of this job is to plan, coordinate, direct, supervise and guide the activities related to resource mobilization and partnerships for the achievement of the Authority’s strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Oversee the development, implementation and review the resource mobilization and partnerships, strategies, standards, guidelines and procedures;
- Lead the development, review and updating of a resource mobilization framework that will guide interactions with potential investors, collaborators, partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders on financing the Authority development programmes;
- Provide leadership in the identification of sources of funding;
- Oversee the development of partnerships and funding proposals;
- Coordinate the identifying methods for mobilization of donations, grants, gifts and endowments from both public and private sectors;
- Mobilize resources for financing the Authority start-ups and strategic projects;
- Oversee the development of a data base on development partners and donors and their funded projects;
- Facilitate constructive engagements with potential investors, collaborators, partners, donors and other relevant stakeholders on financing the Authority development programmes;
- Build and maintain good relationships, linkages with investors, donors and development partners and other stakeholders;
- Develop, review and update the Authority’s stakeholder framework;
- Spearhead preparation, implementation and review of the departmental budget, work plan, procurement and disposal plan and activity schedules;
- Lead formulation, implementation and review of risk and quality management frameworks that are mainstreamed in the operations of the department;
- Promote adherence to the principles of good governance, ethics and integrity in the department;
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of corruption prevention and mitigation strategies in the department; and
- Facilitate effective communication and strategic linkages/partnerships/ collaborations with the department’s relevant internal/external stakeholders.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Advises the Director, Strategy and Planning on the implementation of the operations of the department;
- Handle day to day administrative and operational affairs of the department in compliance with policy, regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Assign and delegate duties and responsibilities,
- Supervise and monitor performance of staff in the department;
- Verify & recommend for approval by Director Strategy and Planning draft statutory reports prepared by the Principal Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer;
- Verify & recommend for approval by Director Strategy and Planning draft partnerships and funding proposals prepared by the Principal Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer;
- Report to the Director Strategy and Planning on the Develop, review and update the Authority’s stakeholder framework;
- Mentor, coach and guide resource mobilization and partnership officers in the performance of their duties and responsibilities;
- Provide relevant information from the department’s activities to other internal departments and external stakeholders/partners through the Director, Strategy and Planning;
- Implement good governance, quality and risk management policies and strategies of the Authority in the department;
- Articulate issues related to the Authority in various forums;
- Oversee the implementation and review of departmental budgets, procurement and asset disposal plans and work- plans;
- Prepare responses to Board resolutions regarding the department’s activities;
- Prepare responses to internal and external audit reports; and Chairs departmental meetings.
- Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of the directorate’s approved budget and procurement and asset disposal plan;
- Approve the directorate’s expenditure; and
- Responsible for resource mobilization within the Directorate.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Takes full responsibility of the assets in the Deputy Director’s office; and
- Reports to the Head of Procurement through head of Administration on all assets under his/her care which require to be disposed.
- Decision Making / Job Influence
- Strategic decisions
- Managerial decisions
- Operational decisions
- Analytical Decisions
- Tactical Decisions
- Predominantly works in office setting at the headquarters with occasional international and local travels; and
- Operates beyond legislated timelines and strict deadlines resulting to long working hours.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Strategic Management,
- Project Planning and Management, Economics and Development Studies, Business, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Strategic Management, Project Planning and Management, Economics and
- Development Studies, Business, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution or its equivalent.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Membership to a relevant professional body and in good standing where applicable
Previous relevant work experience required.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience, four (4) years of which should been at the level of management.
- MUST demonstrate the ability to mobilize resources by giving evidence of having worked in similar environment and their resource portfolio raised whilst working.
Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Strategic thinking;
- Change and risk Management;
- Policy formulation;
- Resource management;
- Analytical skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Communication skills;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Integrity and ethical;
- Collaborations and partnership;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Managing projects; and
- Team management.
Method of Application
Each application must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, duly Filled PPRA Formal Application Form and attach all copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents (Each copy must be self- certified that it’s a true copy of the original).
The Application and required documents should be scanned in PDF format as one continuous document however if the documents are many, they can be separated to a maximum of three PDF documents and sent by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal application form and details of job descriptions and specifications can be found on the PPRA website (www.ppra.go.ke).
Applications must be addressed to the address below and must be received on or before 5.00 p.m. on Friday, 13th October 2023.
Public Procurement Regulatory Authority
6th Floor, KISM Towers, Ngong Road,
P. O. Box 58535-00200,