How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Jobs in Kenya
- Position: Country Administrative Assistant (locally recruited in Kenya)
- Duty Station: Nairobi
- Deadline for Applications: 19/01/2020
This position is only open to nationals of Kenya, or to people holding valid working permits in Kenya.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
Key results expected / Major functional activities
- Provide support for the organization of in-country meetings with internal and external project/programme stakeholders (e.g. project team meetings, negotiations, meetings with governments, country visits of senior management, learning events, etc.), including preparation and dissemination of relevant documentation and scouting for venues and related activities;
- Uploading and profiling required documents for records management and knowledge management purposes (e.g. in the Operations Library, on xdesk, through IFAD’s electronic records management system), and sharing of information with project partners.
- Participating in select missions (for administrative support and support organization of events, such as workshops, seminars etc, as required.
- The CAA may also act as a back-up for the Country Programme Assistant during absence on leave or in instances of peak workload
- repare the travel arrangements, including related ERP transactions, for staff located in IFAD’s country office including input of mission dates in corporate system, handling of visas and logistical arrangements, and supporting staff in compliance with UNDSS recommendations on travel;
- Supporting the recruitment of non-staff hired by the Hub/ Country Office, including processing of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) related transactions and initiating payment requests;
- Supporting office asset administration (including maintenance of IFAD office furnishings and equipment, inventory control and vehicle/fleet management in liaison with the Country Operational Analyst);
- Providing background/supporting documentation upon request, formatting/drafting standard components of documents, maintaining office records and filing systems ensuring timely submission of appropriate documentation into IFAD’s records management system.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence
- Demonstrating Leadership: Personal leadership and attitude to change
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovates
- Focusing on clients: Focuses on clients
- Problem solving and decision making: Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision making ability
- Managing time, resources and information: Manages own time, information and resources effectively
- Team Work: Contributes effectively to the team
- Communicating and negotiating: Communicates effectively: creates understanding between self and others
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains effective working relationships
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as good command of ERP information management systems and other IFAD software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems an asset;
- Knowledge of IFAD administrative policies and procedure, including UN/IFAD regulations and rules pertaining to travel, HR and procurement, including inventory control;
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities;
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors;
- Sense of initiative and good judgment;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background;
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
Minimum recruitment qualifications
Secondary school education is required.
At least three (3) years of secretarial and/or clerical experience. Programme experience of at least one year is desirable.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and the prominent country language where the incumbent is assigned.
Click Here to Apply