FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Amref Flying Doctors Jobs, Management Accountant Jobs
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- The key function of this role is to analyse financial information and implement effective strategies to enhance overall business performance.
- The management accountant will also understand the business inside out and lead in budgetary control and business analysis.
- The Management Accountant will oversee the centralized purchasing function for obtaining all goods and services requested by all departments and ensure procurement is timely, competitive and of the required quality and quantity.
- Receiving all the requisitions for purchase of goods and services from all the departments via the Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP system.
- Ensuring the requisitions are authorized as per the authorization mandate and that there is a budgetary allocation for the purchase.
- Reviewing the request and where more information is required consults with the requisitioner for better understanding especially for technical purchases.
- Sourcing for quotes from different suppliers and prepares a Comparative Quotes Analysis and picks the most competitive supplier in terms of price while keeping an eye on quality and on the technical and financial capability of the supplier to deliver.
- Preparing the LPO to the chosen supplier and presents for approval as per the authorization matrix.
- Where applicable leading the preparation and signing off of contracts with vendors.
- Creating vendors in the Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP system and makes sure they all satisfy the stipulated criteria.
- Maintaining and keeping updated the supplier list.
- Negotiating with the suppliers on prices and the best payment terms and discounts.
- Ensures procurement processes flow smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related course
- Certified Public Accountant (K)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar or equivalent role
- Significant experience in or knowledge of commercial enterprise preferably in the aviation or medical industry
- Experience with financial modelling and/or business analysis
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Nav will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of procurement process, policy and system is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to exude high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work within and in a team
- 7.1 HOURS
- Work is performed in an office environment with client’s visits.
- 24-hour response required whenever necessary within a 24-hour work environment.
How to apply:
- If you have the passion to contribute to the leading aero-medical and health solutions provider, submit the following to: Vacancies@flydoc.org by 25th September 2020 with a Reference Number: AFD/FIN/09-2020 on the subject line of your email. Cover letter specifying how you meet the provided criteria and what you expect to bring to AMREF Flying Doctors (AFD) with an updated CV in PDF.
- AMREF Flying Doctors is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. AFD is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
- Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
- NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview