FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
Risk Specialist Jobs, Career Opportunity,
Job Reference Number: HRJIC581 Closing Date: 30th October, 2020Role Purpose
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Risk Specialist reporting to the Head of Actuarial & Risk, the
position will be based in Nairobi.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
The position holder will be responsible for integration and implementation of the risk strategy, policies, processes and
reports from Jubilee Life. Second line of defense responsibility for oversight and execution of risk management
framework, including the risk appetite statement, taxonomy, assessment, treatment, monitoring & reporting,
communication & training.
- Implement Risk Framework Components – Enhance, build, or expand Risk Strategy, Identification, Assessment,
Appetite, and Reporting infrastructures, across the region
- Enable the balancing of business opportunities, risk effectively using systems and controlled processes and
- Align regional Risk Management Framework and underlying risk programs and processes ensuring the organization
is operating in compliance with applicable industry best practices and global regulatory guidelines
- Lead Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) projects such as educational risk training, expanding risk automation
tools, maintenance of ERM policies and documentation, and activities focusing on advancement of risk
accountability and culture
- Oversee risk management practices and guide the first line in their risk management activities. The first line being
business units and departments
- Providing periodic management reports on significant risks and mitigations, Risk modelling using of internal
models, where applicable.
- Assist the Board and Management in carrying out their respective responsibilities, including by providing specialist
analyses and performing risk reviews;
- Gain and maintain an aggregated view of the risk profile of the company as a legal entity and at the group-wide
- Regularly report to Management, Key Persons in Control Functions and the Board on the company’s risk profile and
details on the risk exposures facing the company and related mitigation actions as appropriate
- Document and report material changes affecting the company’s risk management system to the Board to help
ensure that the framework is maintained, reviewed and improved; and
- Analytical Skills
- Risk modelling & management
- Effective communicator
- Effective people management
- Degree in actuarial, statistics, risk, or related field;
- Master’s in actuarial, statistics, risk, or related field – added advantage.
- Qualification/progress in professional qualification
At least 5 years of experience in risk management/control within the financial services industry. Project management
experience will be an advantage.
(NOTE: Would you like to know the BIGGEST CV mistake you can make? Find out plus the Top 8 Ways To Make Your CV Stand Out.)
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview