How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Position: Internal Auditor – Nairobi
KANCO is a regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya. Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS, TB other public Health concerns at community level. Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting An Internal Auditor – Nairobi. S/he will is responsible for providing leadership in planning and management of internal audit, assurance, quality internal control and standardisation of systems, processes and activities at KANCO; ensuring adherence to policy prudent reporting requirements, cost management, internal controls, compliance, risk management and corporate governance which aims at contribution to the proper, economic and effective use of resources.
- Provide overall leadership and accountability of Internal Audit processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, business plans, management plans, and systems, processes and structures for the unit.
- Develop and implement and undertake periodic review of budgets, operational plans, (work plans and activity schedules etc) that support effective service delivery at KANCO.
- Schedule, prepare and avail accurate and timely reports, minutes and other documents for Board Audit Committee meetings.
- Regularly provide senior management and the board with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization.
- Conduct periodic awareness/training sessions to sensitize senior management, staff on their roles in implementation of policy and risk management, promoting an internal audit culture across the organization.
- Develop annual audit plans and programs detailing the scope, nature and timing of the internal audit activities and other offsite auditees.
- Carry out internal audit tests in the audit program to assess compliance to the organization policies and procedures, documenting the results of each test, while ensuring clear internal audit trails exist for external audit.
- Discuss interim audit findings with auditees for clarity and ownership.
- Write audit reports documenting areas of non-compliance.
- Send audit reports to the Executive Director and Board as appropriate, for action.
- Actively monitor and provide feedback to senior management and the Board, as appropriate on the timely implementation of management or Board recommendations following audit reports.
- Carry out regular and periodic internal audit activities as per work plans and activity schedules.
- Actively monitor and provide feedback to senior management and the board as appropriate on the timely implementation of management or board recommendations of fraud prevention measures.
- Regularly report to the Board on significant areas of non-compliance to organizational policy or internal controls.
- Regular review the conflict of interest policy to ascertain its adequacy, assess compliance levels and carry out reviews to ascertain that a conflict of interest policy exists.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Finance, Business or any related field from a recognized University.
- At least Eight (8 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO environment.
- Professional Qualifications CPA Part (K).
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in accounting packages such as Quick-books, Pastel etc.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong coordination skills
- Auditing skills
- Skilled in the use of standard business software
- Have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Be resilient and able to work well under pressure, prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
- Have a strategic outlook with the ability to drive change where necessary
- Have experience of motivating & developing teams – including performance management & appraisals
- Have a high degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit
- Have a hands on approach and be a team player
- Thorough understanding of Donor financial guidelines and regulations and sound judgment in applying them to diverse field based operations.
- Sound understanding of and ability to use accounting software and the MS office suite of applications with emphasis on MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective team player.
- Good capacity building skills which includes facilitation and training.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV before 13th December 2019 to email@example.com. Quoting the current and expected salary with Internal Auditor – Nairobi on the email subject line
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted