Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs, Chief of Party Jobs, Grants and Compliance Manager Jobs
Chief of Party
- Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations. To enhance its programmes in supporting HIV/AIDS and OVC in Kenya, KRCS is looking for suitable candidate to support and implement two anticipated USAID funded projects under the Kenya Health Partnership for Quality Services (KHQPS) named below: –
- OVC and DREAMS Programme (Kilifi and Mombasa County)
- HIV, FP/RMNCAH, Nutrition and WASH (Nakuru,Baringo,Samburu,Laikipia)
The Society is currently seeking a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated 5 Year USAID-funded Project:
|Position Title:||Chief of Party|
|Reporting to:||Deputy Secretary General – Programs|
|Supervision:||Deputy Chief of PartyGrants & Compliance ManagerFinance and Admin Manager|
- The KHPQS is a 5-year programme with an aim of increasing quality county led health and social services in select counties. This is a service delivery project at the county level, providing HIV Care and treatment to OVC and adolescents and services in the area of family planning, Reproductive Maternal New-born child and adolescent health, Nutrition and Water and sanitation services.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and will be the key liaison with USAID. S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners. The COP position requires political savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous GoK institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is contingent on project funding and approval by USAID.
(IMPORTANT:Earn 200K working in NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, International Development Community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details click here)
- Provide overall strategic management of the project and ensure the project is implemented in accordance with stated program goals and objectives.
- Lead the projects overarching vision and develop the annual work-plans and budgets in collaboration with Project staff, USAID, and key stakeholders, including the Government of Kenya at national and county levels
- Oversee annual implementation planning consistent with program goals and objectives.
- Lead and supervise finance, technical, and programmatic staff to ensure fiscal integrity, quality, and timing of deliverables.
- Act as the primary point of contact with USAID; maintain good relationships and be responsive to their priorities and needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with the public sector, private sector, civil society, community-based organizations, local communities, government, and donors.
- Manage implementation of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan
- Oversee the development and implementation of capacity building plans and the strengthening and overall management of partners.
- Oversee continuous program learning and ensure integration of monitoring and evaluation data into management decision-making and policy advocacy.
- Oversee the production of effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, providing updates on challenges facing the program, and articulating the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
- Represent KRCS and overall project interests at local, national and regional meetings, workshops and conferences and promote the program at the national level.
- Ten years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value.
- A Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Be politically savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous GOK institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- Proven success managing complex development programs that include multi-disciplinary programming, preferably in the Kenyan context, and on USAID-funded projects of similar size
- Prior experience as a USAID Chief of Party or similar leadership role preferred.
- Expertise in the following technical components: OVC care and support, HIV prevention, treatment and care, maternal, new-born and child health, strengthening child protection and health management information systems.
- Proven abilities to set priorities, to multi-task, and to work collaboratively across technical disciplines.
- Experience collaborating and establishing strong relationships with government ministries and officials, universities and technical and vocational training institutions, NGOs and donors, youth-led organizations, and community-based institutions, preferably in Kenya.
- Outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor results, identify learnings and adaptations; prior experience utilizing and/or managing USAID Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) principles preferred.
- Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 9th September 2020;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview