Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
M-KOPA Solar Jobs, Engineering Jobs
Senior Data Systems Engineer – Consultant
- M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. The company was founded in 2011 by former executives behind M-PESA (the world’s leading mobile payment platform) on the belief that mobile technology could revolutionize energy services in emerging markets the same way it has already revolutionized the delivery of communications and financial services.
- With this position, we are looking to build the capacity of M-KOPA’s data systems to meet the needs of a rapidly scaling business, and of increasingly sophisticated internal teams. You will work on big data pipelines for data science teams, backend systems for BI dashboards, and production databases for high-scale applications.
- Like many companies in 2018, we are undertaking a measured transition from a legacy monolith to a more distributed architecture, while making sure to prioritize stability and quality; hand-in-hand with this transition, we are also moving from self-hosted databases (on cloud systems) to managed systems; this also comes with an increase in the diversity of data storage solutions that we use.
- M-KOPA has a robust engineering culture, with a largely non-hierarchical team that values collaboration, peer review, testing, and automation. We are also starting to grow to the point where we have to face interesting challenges of scale, including dealing with more than 100,000 customer interactions per day and millions of UDP messages from our connected devices (and all of the associated challenges with persistence).
- This position will involve working day-to-day on the key challenges of our platform. In addition to solving interesting technical challenges (IoT at scale!), you’ll come to work every morning knowing that your efforts are helping some of the most underserved customers in the world get their first access to clean, affordable household energy.
- Education: A degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent experience/self-directed learning.
- Experience: At least 3+ years of experience working as a professional software engineer focused on data storage and pipelines.
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required relevant work experience: 3 years
- Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
How To Apply
- Click Here to Apply
Dont Miss The Latest Jobs Advertised Today. CLICK HERE to register for FREE