Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Position: Human Resource Officer
Posting Date: 29th November 2019
Deadline: 10th December 2019
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
The Human Resource department support in delivery of the country strategy and objectives by managing the recruitment and selection, orientation or new hires and rewards and benefits administration. The department support line managers with performance management and team member development initiatives.
General Position Summary
The Human Resources Officer is responsible the implementation of human resources processes in support of the achievement of the country programs’ objectives. S/he will facilitate of full cycle recruitment and support the team member life cycles across the county program. The Human Resources Officer will support in the implementation of policies and procedures for effective team member management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
RECRUITMENT, SELECTION AND PLACEMENT
- Work with hiring managers to ensure all hiring requests are completed in a timely manner according to recruitment procedures.
- Support with the revision position descriptions, preparation of vacancy announcements and posting of positions through the applicant tracking system and on external job boards.
- Perform full cycle recruitment activities for positions in the country’s portfolio.
- Longlist candidates based on defined requirements and present them to the hiring managers for their consideration.
- Support and guide with drafting of interview guides and conduct interviews for portfolio of positions.
- Conduct background and reference checks and follow established vetting procedures.
- Prepare letters of offer and employment agreements for new hires.
- Support with the orientation of all new national and international staff including scheduling orientation with required focal points on Mercy Corps’ systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Personnel Action Forms for new hires are prepared and duly completed in a timely manner.
- Utilize the HR Information Management System to track new hires while following procedures to ensure compliance with Mercy Corps.
REWARD AND BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure team members are aware of understand the employee policies, terms and conditions of service.
- Support with consolidating data in support of national staff payroll processing.
- Process all benefit enrollments for team members relating to Medical Insurance, Life and Accident cover and the Pension scheme.
- Responsible for providing appropriate supporting documentation at the time of administering benefits and reconciliation of debit and credit notes for payment processing.
- Support the HR Manager in the coordination of the annual benefits renewal processes.
- Escalate team member benefit issues to the HR Manager as needed and coordinate appropriate follow up.
- Ensure terminations of exited team members’ benefits with insurance service providers.
- Assist in the review of existing policies and procedures when required.
- Support the implementation and adherence to new policies and systems, and ensure staff acceptance.
- Maintain up-to-date staffing lists by program and department.
- Monitor contract expiry dates and bring to the attention of the line managers and budget holders in a timely manner for further actions and direction.
- Track probation and performance reviews completion in compliance with MC’s policies and procedures and periodically prepare performance and progress reports.
- Maintain and update team member data on the HR Management Information System.
- Responsible for the clearance of departing staff, as per MC policies and procedures and ensure that their final dues are processed.
- Assist in the day to day upholding of all MC procedures – in particular, National Staff Polices and Recruitment Procedures.
- Facilitate staff social welfare support and attendance.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Human Resources Manager
Works Directly With: Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Assistant, Program, Finance and Operation team members.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field with relevant experience.
- Professional Certification in Human Resource Management
- 3 – 4 years experience with at least 2 years experience in recruitment related activities is a must.
- Previous experience with the International NGO sector supporting a large country portfolio is required.
- Experience in successful sourcing and talent acquisition for diverse candidates is desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-volume context and complex recruitment environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, HR Information Management and applicant tracking systems is required. Knowledge of online platforms for talent sourcing is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate, influence and problem solve effectively across diverse cultures and geographical distances with sensitivity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview