Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Training jobs, Supervision jobs,
Household Economic Strengthening Officer
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Provide Leadership in Implementation of OVC Household economic empowerment program as guided by the case plans in collaboration with Field agent Supervisors (FAS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and mentor beneficiaries in Savings for Transformation Groups (S4Ts) to utilize their full potentials.
- Act as the focal person in management of HES system used in tracking progress of HES interventions
- Training, supervising the FAS and the Household Economic Strengthening community business trainers (CBT) and providing necessary technical support.
- Grouping OVC caregivers based on their Vulnerability category and providing them with the appropriate empowerment package to achieve sustainable economic ventures that earn them enough income to meet household and OVC basic needs.
- Prudent planning for and utilization of project resources for economic strengthening.
- Cultivate community ownership of the HES interventions to enhance sustainability.
- Continually liaise with the project Coordinator and project technical officers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Map and Promote linkages to suitable enabling economic products and services for caregivers in the project.
- Work with the DCS, youth and agricultural departments and Private Sector Actors to advocate for linkage of caregivers to GOK cash transfers, in kind agricultural support and other subsidies.
- Target older youth from OVC households who are out of school and support uptake of marketable vocational skills training, apprenticeships and appropriate economic strengthening initiatives.
- Support school based agricultural enterprises in schools with significant OVC presence.
- Convene regular review forums with key stakeholders and service providers in household economic strengthening.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the economic strengthening activities and making recommendations for improvement of intervention.
- In collaboration with project staff and CBT Document best practice, progress and success stories for inclusion in the periodic project reports.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration and management, Agro business, Economics, community development or equivalent degree or
- Diploma in the stated Fields with over 3 years’ experience
Other Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Computer literate (MS Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and cross- cultural skills
- High personal integrity
- Creativity and innovativeness in business
- Decision making skills and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Professional proficiency in one or more local languages of the operational area
- Have a certificate of good conduct
Relevant Job Experience
- Experience in undertaking economic empowerment work among disadvantaged rural households.
Interested candidates should visit NCCK Job Application form to fill the Recruitment Form not later than 12:00 pm on October 28, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.