Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Government Jobs, Managerial Jobs
The Government of Kenya has received a grant from the European Union (EU) under the 11th EDF program, to Support the Kenya Energy and Transport Sectors (SKETS). The Financing Agreement has a road safety component.
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) will be charged with the responsibility of managing the road safety program of the grant to support Road safety programs in Kenya for a period of three and half years.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
NTSA is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament; Act Number 33 of 26th October, 2012. The Authority is mandated with effectively managing the road transport sub-sector, minimizing road traffic accidents and loss of lives resulting therefrom. The Authority is seeking to recruit highly competent candidate for the position below under this programme:
Grants Manager – Safe Roads /Usalama Barabarani Programme, (Grade Ntsa 4) – Ref: NTSA/01/2020/03
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation, management and evaluation of the grant activities in the project;
- Collaborate with County Transport and Safety Committees and national partners, as well as the Project Manager at the EU Delegation in Kenya to achieve key project deliverables;
- Manage grant’s implementation unit on a daily basis to achieve the performance indicators agreed with NTSA and EU in line with set timelines within the scope of approved Budgets and Work Plans;
- Plan activities while prioritizing on strategic issues, follow-up on critical issues and work towards progress on institutionalization of programs;
- Work in close cooperation with Heads of Safety Programmes and Education, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement on issues of planning, linking programmatic and operational processes and ensuring reaching of planned deliverables;
- Work closely with the Lead Technical Expert (TE) in the sourcing, recruitment and selection processes of short term technical experts (STEs);
- Monitor and Evaluate Financial and substantive activities of the programme;
- Prepare and submit progress reports and financial reports for the programme;
- Support the national strategic planning process for Road Safety based on evidence gained during project implementation;
- Provide support to the National Monitoring and Evaluation Systems;
- Advise on policy formulation for substantive engagement of stakeholders and enhance collaboration based on experiences and lessons learnt during project implementation;
- Develop and build-up strategic partnerships and maintain good relations with the government counterparts and key stakeholders;
- Ensure sound financial management of the Budget for the Action in collaboration with the relevant departments in NTSA;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual review and planning processes for the programme; and
- Continuous support to the strategic development of the programme.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Project Management, Strategic Management, Social sciences or any other relevant field;
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Project Management, Strategic Management, Social sciences or any other relevant field;
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been at a middle management position in a large organization. Experience of working with various stakeholders including non-governmental organizations is an added advantage;
- Attended Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Strong understanding of and strong track record in programme financial management (CPA or equivalent would be an advantage);
- Experience of working in international projects is an added advantage;
- Experience of working with road transport sector is an added advantage;;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Strong communication and writing skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Demonstrated integrity and full commitment to public service values and ethical standards applicable to NTSA ;
- Awareness of, sensitivity towards and non-discrimination towards differences of culture, gender, religion, race, ethnicity, nationality and age;
- Demonstrated experience in programme and project management, and demonstrated capacity in leading the effective implementation of complex projects, including the management of data and reporting;
- Strong people-management skills, ability to work under tight deadlines and under stress, goal oriented and solution-seeking mind-set;
- Excellent strategic, negotiation, analytical and planning skills;
- Positive, constructive and dynamic work attitude;
- Resourcefulness, initiative and mature judgment;
- Commitment to continuing personal learning and development; and
- Ability to promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office through leadership and personal initiatives.
- Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. Candidates must therefore, obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications;
- Clearance certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing the curriculum vitae with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID card.
- Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s head Office, Hill Park plaza, ground floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to;
The Director General,
National Transport and Safety Authority,
P.O. Box 3602-00506,
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on Friday 14th February, 2020 NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview