How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Position: Principal Human Resource Management Officer (Grade 4)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Have Bachelors’ degree in Human Resource Management or any other
- related course from a recognized institution.
- Have Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- qualifications from a recognized institution as an added advantage;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience
- Have served in the grade of Senior Human Resource Management Officer for a minimum period of three (3) Years;
- Be a member of institute of Human Resource Management and in good standing;
- Have a Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Human Resource Management or Chartered Human Resource Professional (K).
- Have demonstrated professional and administrative competence as reflected in work performance and results;
- Knowledge in ERP system and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS) will be an added advantage;
- Have proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
- Team player and ability to work in a collaborative manner
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Managerial skills and ability to lead teams
- Analytical, Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong Report writing and presentations skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the activities of the department;
- Providing leadership in development and implementation of human resource management and development strategy, policies and procedures;
- Analyzing staffing levels for effective succession planning;
- Providing secretariat to the Management Advisory Committee;
- Overseeing human resource planning;
- Developing, recommending and ensuring effective implementation of staff compensation and rewards systems;
- Ensuring implementation of health and safety Programmes;
- Promoting development of staff welfare Programmes;
- Custodian of staff records;
- Overseeing administrative functions;
- Overseeing the development and implementation of an effective staff performance management system;
- Ensuring development and implementation of the training and Development plan;
- Develop and implement effective administrative policies, procedures and regulations in the following areas; transport, records, library, cleaning, catering, work environment and security management;
- Support in the Development, Review and implementation of the Council’s Strategic Plan;
- Development of Departmental Work plan and Budget;
Prepare periodic reports.
How To Apply
Applications MUST be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating at the top “Application for the position of’’ should be sent by post or hand delivered to:
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
The Chief Executive Officer
National Youth Council,
Bruce House 8th Floor Standard Street
P. O. Box 23677-00100 Nairobi
Application MUST be received on or before 22nd January, 2020.
The National Youth Council is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women and PWD’s who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.