How To Get a 6 Figure Salary
Even Without a Degree or Masters
Free Live Event Register here
Program Officer Jobs, Network of African National Human Rights Institutions Jobs
- The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a membership organization of 46 African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) registered as a legal entity under laws of the Republic of Kenya. NANHRI’s mission is to support, through national, sub‐regional, regional and international cooperation, the establishment, strengthening and development of NHRIs in Africa in order to enable them to more effectively undertake their mandate of human rights monitoring, promotion, protection and advocacy. Its vision is an Africa where every country has a well functioning NHRI established in accordance with the Paris Principles contributing meaningfully to a continent characterized by human rights culture and justice for all. NANHRI encourages and supports the establishment of strong and independent NHRIs in compliance with the Paris Principles.
- NANHRI is seeking to recruit a Programmes Officer to be based in its Secretariat office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Reports to: Operations Manager
- Location: Head Office with occasional travels in the region
- Duration: Nine (9) months with a possibility of extension.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To provide programme management support to NANHRI primarily to strengthen the capacity of National Human Rights Institutions to operationalize and institutionalise the Resolution 275 of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights. This will involve direct implementation, management and coordination of the assigned programme’s activities to ensure that NHRIs expand the protection space for sexual and gender minorities.
- Coordinating the implementation of the programme activities
- Ensuring programmes are effectively and efficiently implemented, including handling all the programme logistics.
- Supporting the Operations Manager in preparing concept notes and funding proposals.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key programme stakeholders and partners in close coordination with the Operations Manager and other NANHRI staff.
- Coordinating internal programme monitoring and evaluation
- Preparing periodic programme progress reports as and when necessary to be submitted to donors
- Coordinate regular communication with programme stakeholders and partners.
- Participating in internal and external programme planning processes
- Researching and documenting issues pertaining to the programme theme
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Human Rights Law, International Relations, Development studies or other related field. A Masters Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Three years experience in the human rights and social justice field. Experience working in advocacy and legislation will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of human rights particularly as they relate to sexual and gender minorities
- Excellent research, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in various computer packages
- Excellent working knowledge of English; a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
How To Apply
- If you possess the above qualities for the position, please send your application STRICTLY by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae , a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees by March 31, 2020 to:
Network of African NHRIs
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor
P. O. Box 74359‐00200
Email : email@example.com
With a copy to
Please note that due to the large volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates for the position will be contacted.