Workplace of the Future
Post Covid 19 Are You Ready?
Free Live Workshop Register here
Nuclear Power and Energy Agency Jobs, Chef Vacancy
- Nuclear Power and Energy Agency, formerly Kenya Nuclear Electricity Board (KNEB), is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act 2019. It is charged with the responsibility of promoting and implementing Kenya’s Nuclear Power Programme, carrying out research and development for the energy sector.
- Towards attainment of its mandate, the Nuclear Power and Energy Agency shall develop policies and legislation, undertake public education and awareness, identify suitable sites for the construction of Nuclear Power Plants; carry out research, development and innovation on energy technologies as well as capacity building for the energy sector.
- The Agency seeks to recruit dynamic and competent officer on a three-year contract terms of service to fill the following position: –
Job Ref No. NuPEA/HRA/CH/1/7/2020
- Reporting to the Executive Office Administrator, the job holder will be responsible for administering all culinary activities and ensuring optimal service delivery and ensuring that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with Agency standards and health code regulations by:
- Preparing food for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and visitors in a timely manner;
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area;
- Ensuring great presentation of food by dressing dishes before they are served;
- Determining how much food to order and maintaining an appropriate supply;
- Keeping the social amenities (kitchen, meeting rooms e.t.c) clean and all equipment in good working condition;
- Ensuring that all food safety guidelines, audit and checks are adhered to;
- Ensuring all food and other kitchen items are stored properly;
- Ensuring the availability of all kitchen and toilet supplies at all times and ordering new stock when necessary; and
- Reporting any faults on all the kitchen equipment;
The candidate must possess the following academic qualifications: –
- Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality Management/ Food and Beverage from a recognized institution or any other related field;
- Be in possession of a valid medical certificate.
Related Job Experience
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy working environment in a similar role.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2020 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies: –
- Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods;
- Must be able to create good rapport with visitors and be extremely courteous and friendly at all times.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
- The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package
- for the position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above position must obtain clearance from the following: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct); and
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
- Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications via the email (email@example.com) clearly stating the reference number by close of business on 28th July, 2020 by 5.00 p.m East African Time.
- Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/ Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (to be downloaded from www.nuclear.co.ke )
- Detailed job description can be viewed at www.nuclear.co.ke
- Nuclear Power and Energy Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Persons living with disability (PWD) who have the required qualifications and skills are encouraged to apply.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview