Want to Work with UN and NGOs?
What are the qualifications?
Free Event Register here
Systems and Network Administrator
- Smart Applications International is a leading ICT solutions provider delivering a wide range of world class technological solutions.
- Fondly known as Smart within the industry, the company was founded to provide innovative, secure and high-tech solution in Africa and beyond. Staying ahead through constant research and innovation.
- We are looking for experienced, dynamic and self-motivated Systems and network administrator to join our Infrastructure team.
- Job Summary: The systems and network administrator is responsible for managing and supporting of the IT infrastructure of Smart, including hardware, software, desktop and shared infrastructure, voice and data networks, servers, mobile and fixed telephony.
- They are also responsible for ensuring that all Infrastructure components are maintained and work reliably to meet Smart needs. The Systems and network administrator will also enforce security policies to protect the organization’s computer infrastructure, networks and data.
- They systems and network administrator also provides Level 2 IT user support to both internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness and to
- provide cover on such tasks when required.
- To plan, manage and implement infrastructure projects and upgrades to meet Smart goals.
- To respond to 2 nd Line Help Desk calls and planned work requests.
- To manage such items through to resolution or escalate them to another member of the team or the Regional Infrastructure and Security Manager
- To liaise with external suppliers and support agencies for the ongoing support and maintenance of relevant hardware and software.
- To ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize all disruption to existing business use.
- To assist in keeping track of Smart IT infrastructure assets and ensure that the infrastructure and data is kept secure at all times.
- To assist in designing and documenting infrastructure processes, procedures and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed.
- To maintain appropriate records of time spent, actions taken and item status to facilitate management, future problem resolution and to keep users informed of progress.
- To ensure that technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with Smart standards, policies and procedures.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
- Strong ability and experience in Network administration
- Strong ability and experience in Linux system’s administration
- Previous experience implementing distributed directory information services such as Active Directory using LDAP, RADIUS, etc
- Professional certification in networking is mandatory
- Minimum 2 years experience in a busy IT environment
- Experience with IAAS and SAAS is an added advantage.
- Having relevant industry certification is an added advantage
(IMPORTANT:These easy online jobs are a great place to start if you want to earn some extra money from home, but don't have a lot of work experience.Part Time, Full Time, Remote Work Here are 21 Best Online Jobs - Beginners and Intermediate Guide to Making Money Online)
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Excellent customer service.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical terminology to people with limited or no technical understanding.
- Excellent customer service skills, always striving to improve services to meet customer and
- business needs.
- Proactive and solutions driven
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn
- Be able to liaise with all staff levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgetary limitations
- Customer, end-user and external support company liaison skills.
- Self-managing and pro-active.
Attitudes and Behavior
- The Systems and network administrator is a very pivotal position to Smart’s internal and external experience. It therefore requires an individual of strong will, customer oriented and a quick thinker.
- The individual must be able to listen, maintain a very detailed list of daily duties including all problems and correspondence and follow up on all activities and respond to all customer issues.
Other required characteristics that the officer must possess and demonstrate: –
- Professionalism, honesty and ethical operations above board
- Confidence and high self esteem
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Empathy, welcoming, polite, cheerful, and understanding
- Self-Drive and work with speed, Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Knowledgeable and Smart
- Demeanor to please the customer
- Smart and sharp in dressing and presentation
How To Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letter and detailed CV to email@example.com by 29th January, 2021 indicating the position on the Subject Line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview