FREE CAREER COACHING for You
Get Your Career in The Right Path
The Council of Governors (CoG) Jobs, Driving Jobs
Driver’s job opportunity
- The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under section 19 of the intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (section 20). To facilitate better implementation of its mandate, the Council of Governors has an opening for a Driver’s position.
2.0 Scope of Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
- Driving the assigned vehicle as authorized.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical tyre pressure as well as brake systems among others.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems.
- Ensuring the security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road.
- Maintenance of Work Ticket(s) for Vehicle(s) assigned.
- Overseeing safety of the passenger and /or goods therein.
- Maintaining Cleanliness of the vehicle(s).
- Performing any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
(NOTE:Are you feeling stuck in your career? Get FREE career and professional consultation, coaching and mentoring.Join us for the FREE Professional Development Training.We have limited space. Book your spot here.)
3.0 Reporting and Supervision
- The officer will report to the Head of Administration.
- Duration of the assignment
- The Contract duration is 3 years renewable annually depending on the performance and availability of resources.
4.0 Required Training and Qualifications
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Mean grade D Plus or its equivalent.
- Have at least 4 years of active driving experience.
- Have a valid driving license preferably the current Digital, free from any current endorsement and valid for any of the classes of the vehicle which the officer is required to drive.
- Have adequate knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Has passed the Suitability test for Drivers Grade II from State Department of Public works.
- Have a certificate of Good Conduct.
- Have a First Aid Certificate from recognized institution.
- Knowledge in Computer applications.
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and Communication skills.
- Be fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
- Meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution, and
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
How To Apply
- Women are encouraged to apply.
- Interested Candidates should send CV, Cover letter, copy of ID, certificate and testimonials to email@example.com on or before 30th October, 2020 and indicate the position that you are applying for in the email subject.
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview