Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Position: Programme Policy Officer (TB and HIV Nutrition Officer), SC9 Nairobi (109201)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
(NOTE:Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2019 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.Get the details here)
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is based in Nairobi. Female candidates are particularly and highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in coordination and technical forums of the national response to HIV/TB at national and sun-national level including the Joint UN Team on AIDS (JUNTA), Ministry of Health (MOH) through the AIDS Commission, Nutrition and Health Sector Cluster, Global Fund Steering Committee (GFSC); HIV/TB working groups at national and field level.
- Maintain a close working relationship with MOH, UN system, Scaling Up Nutrition movement and other stakeholders in nutrition and HIV/TB sector at national and field level
- Support advocacy, fundraising and outreach activities to ensure resources for food and nutrition in HIV/TB, through Global Fund and other resources;
- Budget management of the HIV and TB programme;
- Preparation of training materials and guidelines;
- Support Area Offices in capacity building of government agencies on Nutrition Assessment Education and Counselling Support across Somalia;
- Develop Information, Education and Communication materials on nutrition for HIV and TB;
- Support in evidence generation on the nutrition for HIV and TB programme;
- Support the social protection in HIV agenda as per WFPs mandate in the UNAIDS Division of Labor;
- Undertake field monitoring and on-site partner mentoring visits to ensure adherence to policies and to improve quality of implementation;
- Regularly review the food and Non-Food Item requirement of the HIV and TB programme and ensure that Distribution Plans are in line with the approved Implementation Plans;
- Periodically review the Field Level Agreements (FLAs) and ensure that need of HIV and TB programme is fully reflected in the FLAs.
- Ensure HIV and TB is integrated into existing nutrition programmes;
- Support the Country Office, Liaison Office and Area Offices in day to day implementation of the nutrition programme;
- Support the Country Office, Liaison Office and Area Offices in effective and efficient implementation of SCOPE in nutrition programme including HIV and TB programmes
- Support Country Office and Liaison Office in developing nutrition sensitive and specific programs and guideline;
- Database Management;
- Review with Monitoring and Evaluation unit and ensure that the reporting templates meet the requirement of the corporate Monitoring and Evaluation framework;
- Analyse and map programmatic data to provide meaningful information for planning purpose for nutrition, HIV and TB programmes;
|Education||Advanced University degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Medical Services or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.|
|Experience||At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in nutrition in an emergency or post emergency context. At least three years of experience working in INGO, UN agencies and building partnerships with ministry of health, national AIDS programme or national and local organisation is desirable.|
|Language||Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.|
|Knowledge & Skills||Experience in capacity strengthening of government and non-government organisations.Experience in advocacy, networking and interagency collaboration and management.Strong organisational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.Ability to travel and work in difficult environment.Good working knowledge of excel and computation.|
- You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment.
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply