Free Online Resume Builder
Create an attractive online profile for employers to hire you
Find details here
Grant Management Jobs, Gender Management Jobs,
The purpose of the Grants Office position is to support the SHESOARS Program Manager in managing and coordinating all financial aspects of Programs to ensure there is optimal compliance with contract obligations and that partners have capacities to utilize the funds in an accountable manner and report timely.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
The Grants Officer shall keep the program team informed of all processes and procedures related to grants performance, including capacity building and institutional support. He/she will work closely with the program manager to understand the technical components, shall get day to day management support from program and program support units to support effective administration of the program.
The Grants Officer shall report to the Award & Sub award Manager, and She SOARS Program Manager.
ROLES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
Grants Coordination, Contract, Compliance and Capacity Building-15%
- Work with partners to ensure the understanding of contractual clauses, support their development of actions (work plan) for implementing conditions in the grant agreement.
- Develop reports and share with Award and Sub award manager and Program Managers highlighting risks and challenges foreseen on contract compliance during field visits and upon review of program reports, while identifying, recommending mitigation actions including and not limited to enforcement of contractual agreements, capacity development among others.
- Document progress made against grants and contracts management work plans and Capacity Building plans on a quarterly basis ensuring to focus on emerging actions for follow ups and improvements.
- Identify institutional gaps at partner level, discuss and develop conditions per partner and ensure that they are captured in partner contracts with clear timelines for meeting them and provisions for non-compliance, but also technical support required from CARE to improve on partner’s capacities.
- Develop in consultation with the MEAL Coordinator field monitoring work plans and share these for review by the Program Manager and Award and Sub award Manager, and upon approval implement these, with a view to strengthening partners’ oversight, identification of risks and taking actions to minimize risks to grants underutilization and misappropriation.
- Prepare field grants monitoring reports ensuring that you develop clear action points and timelines for follow up after field supervision visits and share these with Program Managers and Award and Sub Award Manager for review and further advice.
- Proactively and timely identify financial and governance risks of individual partners and communicate these in writing to CARE’s management through the Program and Grants Managers.
- Implement the operations manual, sub grants management, financial and sub grants policies and procedures to ensure effective CARE’s, partners and sub-contractors’ compliance to terms and conditions as well as systems and processes.
Budget Management and Partner Support -30%
- Support the program team in preparation and allocation of partners’ budgets, while ensuring that all partner scope is effectively budgeted, and are within approved budgets.
- With technical support from the Program Managers and other support partners in developing and operationalizing the program budget, grants tracking tool, and provide technical training for partner grants officers to ensure that all activities are accounted for in a timely manner.
- Provide training and support to partners in budget tracking, cash advance management, procurement and reporting.
- Provide training support to the Program team in the utilization of grants management templates and provide technical support during ongoing implementation to ensure effective CARE and partners’ budget management.
- Undertake monthly review of budget utilization by partners and flag areas of under/overruns.
- Support timely preparation of donor financial reports and all expenses incurred by partners and ensure they are dully accounted for before submission of reports to donors.
- Provide support to partners for timely response to budget queries
- Ensure effective implementation of all CARE financial and operational and administrative policies and procedures while undertaking budget management roles.
- Attending program coordination meetings as shall be advised and as shall be relevant and upon consultation with line manager.
Program Grants monitoring, evaluation and Reporting-25%
- Support the development of progress monitoring reports on grants performance
- Monitor partners’ utilization of grants monitoring tools developed for use by CARE and partners for the program and shares these reports
- Review partner reports for accuracy and compliance and share timely feedback on any questionable costs/activities.
- Review monthly expenditure statements generated by finance and advice on any adjusting journal entries.
- Ensure timely preparation of financial reports as per contract requirements.
Partnership Strengthening, Technical Assistance, Knowledge management and learning-20%
- Support Program Managers in organizing partner review meetings while developing key points and grants performance review presentations to various actors in order to inform challenges, lessons learnt and promising practices for purposes of improving performance and knowledge sharing in the program.
- Identify and program financial and governance related technical assistance needs for addressing capacity weaknesses based on capacity assessment reports and field technical support sessions; and support the development and implementation of capacity building (CB) and technical assistance (TA) plans.
- Coordinate with Program Managers in informing learning and improvements on grants performance, partnerships coordination among key areas of institutional development.
- Support the development of a system to identify and document grants management promising practices at the start of the program, organize partner review and sharing sessions, present program progress, lessons learnt and best practices
General Award and Sub Award Management-20%
- Support due diligence exercises for the new partners, develop due Diligence Assessment reports to recommend or decline partnering with CARE Kenya.
- Identify Capacity gaps for new partners and develop plans for addressing these gaps. Provide support to partner monitoring.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for projects to respective project managers as assigned.
- Preparation of project financial reports to donors as assigned.
- Ensure funds disbursement requests to donors are submitted on time to facilitate timely receipt of funds by Care in Kenya
- Preparation of draft IPIAs, MOUs, Partner Funding Agreements, Contract Addendums and Amendments, Fixed Awards, Preauthorization Letters, Support Letters and Contribution-In-Kind Agreements, for review.
- Uploading of Donor Approved Budgets for projects.
- Maintaining a register of donor requirements and project implementation tracker
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or Business Management or related field
- Accounting certifications
Experience and Competencies Required
- Minimum Two (2) years relevant proven work experience in a busy environment
- Excellent in planning, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft suite with advanced excel skills
- Adaptable, flexible, team player and able to persist in hardship areas
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of accounting /finance management system.
- Good understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants and contracts management processes
- Appreciation of relevant donor policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to learn quickly new systems, processes and procedures and accept local practices to global standards
- Good communication skills both oral and written in English
Gender Officer – Kisumu
The Gender Officer is expected to work in collaborative partnership with SHE SOARS Strategic partners to develop and strengthen their desired Gender Equality and Social Inclusion results outputs, outcomes and contributions to impact, ensuring transformative processes and ensure data for key performance indicators is collected, verified and reported on, timely – but also holistically for all gender related and integrated initiatives under the project. S/he should build the capacity of recipients in Gender Equality results-based reporting and delivery principles and processes and will ensure that all strategic partners have structures and processes / systems to deliver on, monitor adherence to CARE’s programming principles and abide by agreed CARE standards and donor guidelines on Gender Equality Outcomes delivery. The gender officer will also document and utilize learning and knowledge from within CARE and outside to develop and design and improve high impact programs.
The role of the Gender Officer will be as follows
Supporting implementation of SHE SOARS Gender and Equality outcomes 40%
- Coordinate and take a leading role in the development and implementation of the Project Gender Equity and Social Inclusion Strategy. (GESI)
- Coordinate all Gender result activities for CARE Kenya under the SHE SOARS Project to ensure the project achieves its gender outcomes.
- Oversee the development, update, and implementation of the County SHE SOARS GESI Action plans as well as the GESI strategy including support to the Strategic partners Capacity Building plans.
- Ensure mainstreaming of MEAL approaches in the MEAL system design and implementation with support from the SHE SOARS MEAL Coordinator and CARE Kenya Program Quality and Accountability Manager.
- Facilitate participatory processes with project’s partners for the development and implementation of the gender strategy.
- Support gender related tools development, testing, and management that will ensure timely and user-oriented gender related data collection and reporting.
- Promote and support the dissemination of gender related Program information among the Program team.
- Represent CARE Kenya and the SHE SOARS Project in various gender meetings, networks and opportunities to support the project.
- Liaise with the gender advisors in CARE Kenya, Uganda and Zambia to share models, tools and best practices for the project.
Reporting, Documentation, Knowledge management and Learning support 25%
- Coordinate and guide partners in their gender equality results reporting and documentation responsibilities. Ensure that the reporting meets the evidence and communications needs of SHE SOARS project
- Review project gender equality outcome results achievements against indicator targets with a view to strengthening reporting, planning, implementation as well as decision making.
- Keep up to date project gender related data and reports for reference by the program team as well as other stakeholders.
- Provide gender outcomes data for internal and donor reports as well as internal documentation and reporting systems
- Take lead in documentation of lessons learnt and best practices as well as dissemination on the same.
- Provide technical support in filling in the Gender marker accurately during reporting and designing new projects for layering on the existing ones.
Capacity building of staff and partners and technical Support on Gender Equality Results outcomes 25%
- Design and implement a gender outcome capacity strengthening strategy based on a participatory capacity assessment and capacity strengthening and building plans.
- Guide and support the strategic partners staff, in the implementation of the Gender strategy and any other agreed gender equality results in line with the SHE SOARS Program proposal/Design.
- Provide input in the design of new layering initiatives to ensure the gender needs of impact groups are addressed in accordance with SHE SOARS Program and CARE Kenya’s Programme approach.
- Support in conducting gender equality targeted evaluations, including design, support in data collection, management and analysis working closely with the SHE SOARS MEAL Coordinator.
- Contribute to the development of the SHE SOARS project annual operating plan, ensuring alignment of the gender equality results with program approach and achievement of annual target indicators.
Resource mobilization, fundraising and partnership 10%
- Support preparation of concept notes and proposals working closely with the Program Manager, GESI Project Lead, Country Office (CO) Gender Focal point and Program Quality Manager and respective technical team/ advisors.
- Support CO effort to position for new business opportunities by capturing and documenting best practices for increased visibility and strategic partnership with close collaboration with Project Manager.
- Scope out existing opportunities in areas of expertise to allow program growth and sustainability with Project Manager.
- Support in the mobilization of resources for the implementation of projects by developing partnerships with existing sources of funding, international conventions, and donors.
- Work with the project manager Explore possibility of leveraging CARE funds/resources with other external funds such as devolved funds from local government, private sector and other related public private partners in order to achieve high impact and synergies.
- Support the project manager the exploration of external partnerships ensuring that opportunities are identified at local and national levels and beyond.
- Following through due diligence findings on GED and GESI matrices / KPIs for the project coupled with an understanding of the CARE International / CO Gender commitments and partnership Policy with support from the Project Manager, GESI Project Lead and CO Gender Focal point.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Gender and development studies or other relevant discipline coupled.
- At least 5 years’ experience in positions responsible in gender equality outcome results delivery and program quality in development programs in at least two of the following areas: gender equality, women’s rights, organizational strengthening, or feminist movement building.
- Excellent written, verbal English and presentation/communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement gender transformative results outcomes, systems and plans, and applied knowledge and understanding of feminist approaches and principles.
- Experience in using collaborative, consensus based and approaches to build partner skills and knowledge, provide training and foster effective and participatory decision making amongst partners meet evolving Project gender equality results outcomes.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple gender programs/projects in both the public and NGO sectors.
- Experience with and understanding of relevant donor frameworks and reporting systems.
- Experience in writing Funding opportunities Concepts and Proposals
- Strong gender related technical skills, including ability to understand the different and complex dynamic affecting / supporting adequate delivery on the gender equality results.
- In depth understanding of underlying causes of poverty, vulnerability, and gender inequality in Kenya with good knowledge of the political, economic, social and technological environment is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Kenya’s women’s Rights movement.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The position is based in Kisumu–Kenya while supporting SHE SOARS implementation in Nairobi, Kajiado, Kisumu and Siaya Counties
contacts/key relationships (internal & external):
- The Gender Officer reports directly to Program Manager SHE SOARS
- Apart from the direct report, the Gender Officer will work closely with the CARE, Kenya Gender focal person, SHE SOARS Project MEAL Coordinator and SHE SOARS external implementing country Gender focal persons, Government stakeholders and Partner gender officers .
- People Skills: Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to CARE’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under difficult circumstances and to interact effectively with a geographically dispersed multicultural team.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.