Sales, Marketing, Retail, Business Development,
Regional Sales Manager
- As a Regional Sales Manager, you will control and manage trade spending for traditional trade. Your responsibility will be to achieve sales and profit targets per budget for the country. Moreover you will be responsible for inventory management, forecast accuracy and receivables
- Support execution of JBP by customer
- Support New product listing and achieve their sales target.
- Support in Implementation of price strategy defined by SCJ.
- Generate reports required by organization: sales, stock level, sell through, etc.
- Support of Collection from Customers.
- Support execution of CTL initiatives driven by Sales Operations and marketing.
- Implement promotional activities and programs in the Traditional Trade
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Clear understanding of Traditional Trade in the local market.
- Demonstrate ability to manage up and across organization.
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office
BEHAVIORS YOU’LL NEED:
- Multi-function and multi-tasking abilities
- Focus on delivering results
- Manages executions diligently, with keen attention to details
- Manage disagreements
- Values others, and cultures
- Self-starter and acts with integrity
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation skills
- 5 days ( Monday-Friday)
- 70% travel
About the role:
- On this position you will be responsible to deliver sales growth in line with the strategic segmentation, drive efficient trade spending and focus on in-market execution of trade programs for the country. You will work with the Cluster Lead GM to set country priorities as part of ICP and Corplan. The main goal will be achieving a top third ranking in advantage surveys for cluster countries, Great Place to Work recognition and implement RTM to enable Kenya to have a sustainable business.
- Align sales resourcing to customer and class of trade opportunities in line with Sales Deep Dive recommendations.
- Work with the Cluster Lead GM to build 5 year growth plans in line with Strategic Segmentation.
- Track and understand competitive activity, diagnose root causes of consumer and competitive trends.
- Provide feedback to Cluster Lead Marketing Commercialization and local Customer Marketing on the elements of platform programs to deploy in the local market.
- Manage the deployment of trade funds to deliver high ROI programs.
- Provide customer thought leadership to key trade partners, combining local insights and platform driven best practices and strategies.
- Manage the sell-in of new products and seasonal programs to maintain customer inventories at desired levels.
- Partner with the Cluster Lead GM and FD to make decisions that drive c/c shares and OP growth in line with the strategic segmentation directives.
- Ensure that a strong control environment exists, particularly on sell-in and trade spending management.
- Provide S&OP Step 2 insights into the COF (current operating forecast), and identify risks and opportunities in the plan.
- Serve up local insights to the Cluster Marketing Commercialization team and work with the Cluster GM on category plans as part of the ICP and Corplan processes.
- Strive for GPTW recognition by creating a world-class work environment, consistent with Culture 2.0.
- Develop plans to address weak areas in GEOS scores and drive higher GEOS scores year-on-year.
- Continuous communication to employees on business results, state of the business; Conduct communication meetings in conjunction with Cluster GM visits.
Experience you’ll bring:
- Circa 15 years progressive Sales experience, Marketing experience a plus.
- Customer Marketing, Key Account Management, Field Sales and/or Distributor management
- ACNielsen syndicated data, financial statements, and other reporting understanding.
- Understands the process for Adopting Shopper Marketing programs locally.
- Knowledge of key processes such as ICP, Corplan and S&OP.
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Delivers results through others by garnering strong support.
- Adept, impactful communicator; can represent SCJ to outside stakeholders.
- Possesses team-building and motivation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the area of sales and trade spending.
- Succession planning, ability to build the bench