Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Consultant Jobs, Career Opportunities, Latest Job Openings, NGO Jobs,UN Jobs,
Evaluation Consultant for Terminal Evaluation of the UNEP/GEF Project “Stabilizing GHG Emissions from Road Transport Through Doubling of Global Vehicle Fuel Economy: Regional Implementation of the Glo
In close consultation with the Evaluation Manager, the Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the overall management of the Evaluation and timely provision of its outputs, data collection and analysis, and report writing. More specifically, the Evaluation Specialist will undertake the following:
Inception phase of the Evaluation, including:
- preliminary desk review and introductory interviews with project staff;
- draft the reconstructed Theory of Change of the project;
- prepare the evaluation framework;
- develop the desk review and interview protocols;
- draft the survey protocols (if relevant);
- develop and present criteria for country and/or site selection for the evaluation mission;
- plan the evaluation schedule;
- prepare the Inception Report, incorporating comments until approved by the Evaluation Manager
Data collection and analysis phase of the Evaluation, including:
- conduct further desk review and in-depth interviews with project implementing and executing agencies, project partners and project stakeholders;
- (where appropriate and agreed) conduct an evaluation mission(s) to selected countries, visit the project locations, interview project partners and stakeholders, including a good representation of local communities. Ensure independence of the Evaluation and confidentiality of evaluation interviews.
- regularly report back to the Evaluation Manager on progress and inform of any possible problems or issues encountered; and
- keep the Project/Task Manager informed of the evaluation progress.
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Reporting phase, including:
- draft the Main Evaluation Report, ensuring that the evaluation report is complete, coherent and consistent with the Evaluation Manager guidelines both in substance and style;
- liaise with the Evaluation Manager on comments received and finalize the Main Evaluation Report, ensuring that comments are taken into account until approved by the Evaluation Manager
- prepare a Response to Comments annex for the main report, listing those comments not accepted by the Evaluation Consultant and indicating the reason for the rejection; and
- (where agreed with the Evaluation Manager) prepare an Evaluation Brief (2-page summary of the evaluand and the key evaluation findings and lessons)
Managing relations, including:
- maintain a positive relationship with evaluation stakeholders, ensuring that the evaluation process is as participatory as possible but at the same time maintains its independence;
- communicate in a timely manner with the Evaluation Office on any issues requiring its attention and intervention.
- The Evaluation Consultant shall have had no prior involvement in the formulation or implementation of the project and will be independent from the participating institutions. The consultant will sign the Evaluation Consultant Code of Conduct Agreement Form.
- The evaluation consultant will be selected and recruited by the UNEP Evaluation Office through an individual consultancy contract.
- Comprehensive terms of reference will be shared with the consultant separately.
- A university degree in environmental sciences, international development or other relevant political or social sciences area required. An advanced degree in the same areas is desirable.
- A minimum of 8 years of technical / evaluation experience is required, preferably including evaluating large, regional or global programmes and using a Theory of Change approach.
- A good/broad understanding of Fuel Economy is desired.
- Working knowledge of a development oriented organization an added advantage.
Consultant on Teeb National Implementation – Level A
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), preferably with a specialization in environmental geoinformatics, environmental management, law, social anthropology, environment and development, sustainable development, economics, applied economics, agriculture, or related fields is required.
- A first level degree in combination with five additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching or training with governments, non-governmental organizations, or research institutions with a focus on environment and development
- A proven track-record of application of the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT) for biophysical modelling and InVEST suite of models for the valuation of ecosystem services results of policy scenario analysis is desirable.
- Experience in working on environmental issues in the Indian agriculture sector is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Fluency in spoken Hindi is desirable.