Feeling Stuck in Career?
Get free professional career coaching
Strategic Vendor Services Manager Jobs, June 2020 Jobs,
Closing date: Not Specified
Strategic Vendor Services Manager
Who we are
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform. With over 5,000 employees in 12 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders.
(NOTE: Not sure where to get started on your cover letter? Check our NEWLY UPDATED cover letter template for NGOs for FREE! You can copy and paste this proven sample to create a lasting impression and get invited to the interview right away. Get it here.)
Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. We are creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a generation
About the role
As a Strategic vendor services associate at Jumia, you will be responsible for the regional end to end management of one of our key partners; with the objective of growing and transforming the business. This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of key account managers, head of categories in the company.
You will focus on managing a single key partner across multiple markets – from the very essence of marketing & commercial, to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your Brand toward the right direction.
This role is for top performers looking for close collaboration with senior commercial leaders to help accelerate their commercial careers.
- Market Scope: Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana & South Africa.
- Stock Availability: Ensuring full assortment agreed with Jumia is live on the website at any given moment in time
- Inventory Management: Schedule inbound + RTV to ensure optimal stock rotation in Jumia Warehouse.
- Content: Ensuring content of each product is up to the brand’s (and Jumia’s) Standards.
- Marketing Execution: Following up on the execution of the marketing plan agreed with the brand and deliver on demand proofs of executions –perform ROI analysis, gather data for specific campaigns.
- Data: Provide regular analysis on the performance of the brand based on the brand report.
- Jumia Mall: Make sure sliders are updates, store is live, SKUs are tagged, all links work properly etc…Act as a curator for the brand’s store.
- Finance: Follow-up and support on payment and reconciliations.
- 3-5 years FMCG experience ideally from a multinational and with regional experience.
- Languages: English – French would be a nice to have.
- Action oriented and performance driven
- Strong management and inter-personal skills
- Good analytical and data management skills
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize
- Well organized and very detail oriented
- Resistant to stress
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation
How to Apply for a Job by Email in 2020 and Get The Job Interview