Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Maintainance Technician jobs,Petroleum tech jobs,Technician jobs,
Manda Bay: Fuels Distributions Systems Maintenance Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
The Fuels Distributions Systems Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs fuel storage and distribution systems, using hand and power tools and testing instruments, inspects fuel receiving, storage, and distribution facilities to detect and correct leakage, corrosion, faulty fittings, and malfunction of mechanical units, meters, and gauges, (such as distribution lines, float gauges, piping valves, pumps, and roof sumps); inspects electrical wiring, switches, and controls for safe operating condition, grounding, and adjustment, lubricates and repacks valves; lubricates pumps, replaces gaskets, seals and corrects pumping equipment misalignment, and cleans strainers and filters. This mechanic services water separators, checks meters for correct delivery and calibration, overhauls system components such as pressure regulating valves and excess valves, disassembles, adjusts, aligns, and calibrates gauges and meters or replaces them, removes and installs equipment such as filters and piping to modify system or repair and replace system component. Duties include: cleaning fuel tanks and distribution lines, removing corrosion and repainting surfaces, overhauling vacuum and pressure vents, floating roof seals, hangers, and roof sumps.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
Must have commercial or military experience in maintaining fuel bulk storage and distribution systems.
- American Petroleum Institute Certification (API-510) would be a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years’ experience as a retail petroleum service technician.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team, and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 4 blank visa/stamp pages (front and back) remaining
It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.