Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree
Working with NGOs, the UN & International Organisation
Find details here
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
The Project Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting in ensuring efficient and effective utilization of the Project funds in line with the financing agreement and Project Operations Manual
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and implementing the World Bank financial management system as outlined in the PAD
- Assist in generation of all financial reports including quarterly IFR for the project funding using the Management Information System in place;
- Assist in implementing the accounting and administrative control procedures for the disbursement of the proceeds of the Project to ensure that all transactions are executed only upon proper authorization.
- Assist in maintaining proper accounting and administrative records for all the KYEOP funded project activities to ensure smooth and timely retrieval of records
- Assist in preparing the Annual Budget of funded activities based on the annual work plan and procurement plan
- Assist in consolidating and reporting the financial status and performance of all the funded activities, monthly, quarterly and annually as provided for in the approved operation manual
- Assist in maintaining proper records and accurate books of accounts to reflect the PMU’s operation and financial condition to be provided timely for any audit review.
- Assist in submitting requests for withdrawal application, specifying the amount of funds needed accompanied by a cash flow forecast based on the budgeted activities
- Assist in submitting monthly bank reconciliations accompanied by a copy of the bank statement.
- Assist in ensuring proper integration of accounting information in the MIS
- Assist in providing a detailed budget analysis on an annual basis showing clearly status to date and projection to the end of project.
- Assist in facilitating internal audits, annual external audit, Fiduciary audit and visits by the World Bank supervision staff to review the accounting and procurement documentation and records and to ensure also compliance with governance procedures.
- Assist in providing timely support in financial evaluation during
- procurement processes.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
(NOTE: Average minimum salary 200K working as a Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical adviso. Massive 2021 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID. Get the details click here)
Qualifications and experience
- The Project Finance Assistant will be expected to have sound financial management knowledge and experience. Specifically
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or Accounting or related field from a recognized university
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA finalist)
- At least one-year experience in financial management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Government Financial Management procedures will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- IT skills mostly in Accounting
- Capacity to wok under pressure and meet tight schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to apply via firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received not later than 31st Dec 2021
KALRO is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any form shall lead to automatic disqualification.