Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Engineering jobs, Technical jobs, Managerial jobs, Aviation jobs,
Manager GSE Maintenance
Reporting to Senior Manager/Head of Ramp Services, the ideal candidate will be accountable for the development, implementation and proactive management of the Ground Services maintenance program for all Kenya based Ground support equipment (GSE) and vehicles in accordance to relevant company regulations, Customer Airline and Manufacturer requirements.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Key duties and Responsibilities:
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies, processes, procedures, organization standards and local procedures is achieved so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Promote and maintain a positive safety culture, healthy, secure and cost-effective operations for Kenya Airways and ensure compliance with the relevant industry/legislative requirements and company procedures.
- Perform risk assessments and maintain a risk register for GSE Maintenance workshops.
- Conduct a monthly review of the risk control environment and submit the Risk Control Matrix (RCM)
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Ensure the provision of cost-effective maintenance services of all ground handling equipment and motor vehicles in Nairobi and Mombasa.
- Ensure the provision of maintenance services to the standards required by ground handling operations to ensure safe, serviceability and availability of equipment to end users.
- Control inventory in liaison with the relevant department with the aim of optimizing their related costs.
- Constantly review, monitor and adopt reasonable measures to improve quality, safety and minimize risks and hazards within GSE workshops.
- Lead, motivate and create a conducive work environment that cultivates change and openness within the team; whilst fostering excellent Teamwork, Commitment, Reliability and Accountability.
- Coach and support the GSE team to ensure effective delivery of quality service and to drive a continuous maintenance improvement program.
- Manage GSE unit budget and operating costs, enhancing and protecting revenue without compromising internal customer satisfaction, safety and security.
- Establish effective communication channels with all internal customers, external suppliers and key stakeholders to determine needs and respond to queries.
- Develop, analyze, manage and track the GSE corrective measures plan for failures identified.
- Ensure that all the required, current operations manuals, publications and any other related documents needed to conduct GSE maintenance operations are available and that all GSE staff have: received and acknowledged, comprehensively understood the content and implemented the standards as recommended/documented.
- Identify deviations in the published GSE procedures and establish local procedures and document them in the Local Station Manual (LSM) whilst ensuring conformity and currency with all regulatory requirements, organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence of all Kenya Airways and manufacturers’ documented standards by all GSE staff, and all other service providers.
- Provide for an effective and efficient organizational structure capable of consistently delivering GSE services.
- Ensure suitably qualified/competent staff at all levels with appropriate skills are recruited / retained / developed.
- Routinely monitor safety and quality critical activities within GSE and propose corrective measures to address any deficiencies.
- Follow-up and ensure timely closure (as per stipulated timeline) of all non-compliance reported from evaluations or audit process.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of the JKIA Local Emergency Accident Procedures (LEAP)
- Oversee Kenya Airways WAY principles and best practices implementation within GSE.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering OR relevant technical/professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- Technically qualified mechanical or related engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar/related role.
- Experience in planning & managing maintenance service delivery in an automobile plant environment.
- Experience in planning / controlling human and material resources.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with the ability to drive change management.
- Excellent analytical, listening and problem solving skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Customer focused
- Strategic thinking.
- Safety conscious.
- Good organizational skills.