Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
Managerial Jobs, Data Management, NGO Jobs,
Senior Data Manager
KMR 5 (1 Position)
Location: Kisumu Duration: One (1) year with a possibility of extension
(NOTE: Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs. 5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free Get More Details Here.)
Reporting to: Principal Investigator Job description The successful candidate will work with the Trial Manager and the Principal Investigators in organizing and overseeing data collection. The holder of this position will be based at the KEMRI-CGHR field station in Kisian with occasional visits to the study field sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- o Develop and maintain throughout life cycle of study projects, the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Data Management Plans (DMP), Data Quality Plans, and other plans as delegated/required, and ensure that these are followed according to study design/protocol and requirements;).
- Participate in study setup initiation, implementation, closure, and archiving procedures: i.e., CRF design, database design, database edit check’s, design/review, Data Management Plan review/approval and annotated CRF design. o Ensure Clinical database, external data files and analysis datasets are designed in a standard, accurate, complete, and consistent format conducive to analysis and possible regulatory submission.
- Develop, review, and approve all SOPs, and job aids related to Data Management in collaboration with Quality Assurance and other departments as applicable.
- Coordination of all data collection, cleaning and validation including, working with the trial monitors (where applicable) and resolving any data queries with sites.
- Maintain and update study tablets and other equipment used for data collection, ensuring data is downloaded daily/promptly and that forms are updated as needed.
- Draft interim reports to the Principal Investigator, Sponsor, regulatory authorities, and oversight committees as requested by the Project Manager. o Training users to use electronic data capture (EDC) systems. This includes creation of training documentation and running training sessions for end users.
- Review and validate data for completeness and perform logical checks to ensure timely query resolutions. Generate QC reports for review, clarification and correction as well as a variety of other reports as required.
- Participate in planning meetings and scheduled conference calls with the study team and study partners. o Provide application support, troubleshooting, support training needs, for study staff.
- Assist in the review/analysis of interim and final data for data consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure the conduct of the study is following the currently approved protocol/amendment(s), with current GCP guidelines and with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Programming or any related field.
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Programming or any related field.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and analyst in a busy research setting, preferably in the health research environment
- Proficient programming experience using programming software such as SAS/STATA/Python/R and domain specific languages like SQL
- Demonstrated ability to manage large disparate data sets and experience with quantitative analysis o Familiarity with modern database systems and information technologies including cloud server management
- Familiarity with EDCs such as REDCap, and ODK-based platforms such as ODK Survey, CommCare, SurvetCTO, etc.
- An analytical mindset with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in nontechnical terms
- Communicate, expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats
- Ability and willingness to learn additional skills on the job Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to prioritize work, exercise initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage multiple datasets of medium complexity or size concurrently
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues, including research scientists Terms of Employment: One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and Probation period is the first 3 months. Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales.
Applications MUST include the following: • • • • • Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER) Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and email address Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e Copies of Certificates and Transcripts Contact telephone number Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, PO Box 157840100, Kisumumail addresses not later than 2021. Submit your application including documents via Email address December email@example.com 13 ,
Medical Officer (1 position)
KMR5 Location: Centre for Clinical Research, Nairobi Reports to: Principal Investigator Essential
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) from an Institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Must have completed one (1) year internship.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Valid license from Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- One-year post-internship Clinical experience
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya, 2010.
- Research experience preferably in Clinical Trials. Desired Skills, Competences & Abilities
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Extremely reliable
- Experience in field management of surveys
- Flexible and non-judgmental
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking English and Swahili
- Must be willing to work with a multidisciplinary team Specific
duties and responsibilities:
- Enrolment of patients for studies, including coordination of intake of eligible subjects.
- Conducting informed consent.
- Maintenance of participants’ records throughout time periods.
- Communication with study team related to participant’ enrollment and status.
- Maintenance of all study records, including participant’ approach, recruited and consented.
- Conducting structured interviews.
- Provide periodic progress report on status of data collection and problems challenges encountered.
- Assessment of adverse events.
- Conduct blood draws and liaise with the lab for tests.
- Participant follow-up.
- Any other duties assigned. Terms of employment: Employment is twelve (12) months contract. Salary is as per the stated salary scale.
Applications MUST include the following
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates and Transcripts
Contact telephone number Interested candidates who meet the applications to above criteria are encouraged to send in their :
The Deputy Director, KEMRI Nairobi 11 , 2021 or submit application via email add ress C c CR cr , P. O. Box 1578 @kemri.org40100, no later than December KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF I TS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, short INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY Only listed candidates will be contacted