Become a Certified Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations.
Data Management Officer
The role is responsible for developing and managing a formalized data management process and structure to oversee the availability, usability, integrity, and privacy of KRCS GF data assets and coordinating data-related activities across the department by developing and managing a series of databases for various projects, and as assigned undertakes information analysis and generates reports, tables, graphs and maps, to support the work and facilitate information-sharing throughout the different program levels. The Data Management Officer will manage data collection, update, and management to the Data by managing and maintaining a database that tracks program activities and deliverables taking full responsibility for the collection, storage, protection, promotion, quality control and delivery of data and drive data utilization while ensuring it meets the needs of the grant as well as the organization.
Technical Support to the Team on Data Management:
- Develop and monitor/review the departmental data and information management strategy, including data protection, Information audit, data consistency and a record management policy, on behalf of the grant in accordance with KRCS and donor policies and guidelines
- In coordination with MEAL Manager, develop and implement data management plans ensuring format, process and system of reporting are well-agreed and observed.
- Develop/up-date and manage project databases ensuring data integrity; conduct critical analysis of a variety of information, and as required summarize strategic information, documentation of lessons learnt and implementation of information management to measure and improve results.
- Assist partners in developing MEAL plans during project planning and develop appropriate database systems and ensure that partners are equipped with the required skills in implementing the plans and maintaining the systems
- Develop tools for field activities monitoring and evaluation and provide periodic bulletins, tables, maps and graphs for presentations on a regular or ad hoc basis.
- Provide Technical support in the area of data management, including collection and analysis as well as providing feedback, reports and capacity building on data management and program reviews in the region.
Management of M&E information systems:
- Monitor and review departmental information security, including systems security and integrity, data and information security and security relating to transfers and disclosures.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff on issues which affect data and information ownership within the Department including information accuracy and the development of tools to assist in data quality checks
- Maintain and up-date existing information technology infrastructures for the area of work, including web-based interactive and integrated data systems. As required, to develop/up-date training materials for database and train users.
- Establish/up-date sound Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines for data management and data quality control checks in line with KRCS and donor policies, to ensure a cohesive approach to data quality.
- Conduct and maintain source system analysis and data profiling for lifecycle management of critical data elements in the grant.
- Regularly back up data and information for the department
Program Data collection management:
- Formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures
- Train reporting agencies on data collection tools and equipment
- Implement quality control activities
- Manage data entry works/teams
- Program Data Management:
- Oversee data management work performed by project staff and partners.
- Maintain master copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and supporting documentation for data management system in electronic venue accessible to relevant teams
- Be responsible for quality control procedure and troubleshooting data submission errors and data error issues
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Ensure data management procedures and projects have set timelines and meet established deadlines
- Data reporting and analysis to produce monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and develop ad-hoc reports as necessary. Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable.
- Manage routine data, including data cleaning and entry in the MIS platform to ensure completeness and quality. Report any errors identified during data review to appropriate team members and assist in resolving issues
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analyses; and generate regular data reports in all format (graphic, table, data tabulation and analysis) of the indicators of interest for routine monitoring purposes as well as ad hoc requests
- Demonstrated strong data management, information management and database management skills.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analysing logical and conceptual framework.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports. A high level of written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations.
- Holds self-accountable
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree, preferably in statistics, information management or related fieldswith demonstrated competence in undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases such as SAS, STATA, SPSS e.t.c.
- Over three (3) years’ experience in use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches.
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (Excel or Access)
Biomedical Engineering Technician
Reporting to the Medical Director, E-plus the Biomedical Engineering Technician will be responsible for Diagnostics, Inspecting, Repairing, Servicing and Testing of Medical Equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling planned preventive and maintenance programme (PPM)
- Inspect, install, service and repair medical equipment
- Responding with minimum turnaround time for reported breakdowns and communicate efficiently to the user and department lead on the work progress
- Conducting new equipment user training
- Conducting equipment inventory
- Checking equipment warranty, calibration and maintenance service contracts
- Maintain physical infrastructure and facilities at safe and best useable state
- Providing technical advice during acquisition of new equipment
- Carrying out equipment audit using the laid down standard operating procedures
- Tracking, receiving and returning or disposal of items and equipment under repair
- Sending weekly reports to the Medical Director
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma / Higher Diploma in Medical Engineering
- Registered with AMEK (Association of Medical Engineers of Kenya)
- A minimum of 3 years in medical and non-medical equipment maintenance
- Hands-on working experience
Lecturer – Diploma in Paramedic Course
Reporting to: Training and Capacity Building Coordinator – ICHA
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Paremedic Lecturer should be able to contribute to the development and delivery of academic provision in Diploma in Paramedic and related disciplines including associated academic operational responsibilities as required ensuring an excellent student experience. The job holder should be able to support the development and implementation of the Institute strategic initiatives. He/she participate in research, knowledge exchange and public engagement to enhance the reputation of the Institute.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate with other faculty in the development of teaching, learning and assessment strategies.
- To contribute to student support in administrative guidance and counselling roles
- To represent both the paramedic course and the School in student recruitment activities, including participation in marketing activities
- To enhance the School’s ability to engage with industrial and external partner contacts through effective networking to build relationships for future activities.
- To pursue research activities which enhance the external revenue of the Institute
- and to deliver various forms of consultancy and other services as determined by the Strategic direction of the Institute
- To maintain and develop areas of expertise (curriculum review and development) for the growth of the department and the Institute
- To undertake both general Health & Safety responsibilities in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy and in addition, to provide such supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of the students
- To undertake other such responsibilities as may be required from time to time
- A University Degree/Higher Diploma in Clinical Sciences, Nursing or Medical Related Degree
- 3 years of professional teaching experience
- AHA/BLS/ACLS/EMT trainer certification is an added advantageSkills and knowledge
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Emergency Medical Services Instructor training
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven skills in proposal development
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ethical and honest
- Team Player
- Proficient in Computer applications
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested candidates who meet the Biomedical Engineering Technician qualifications should send their application that includes letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees one of whom should be former employer, personal contacts such as telephone, e-mail and address should be sent to:-
The Managing Director
Emergency Plus Medical Services
P. O. Box 40712-00100
Applications can also be dropped off at Kenya Red Cross Offices or E-Plus Office (Logistics Centre) so as to reach us by the 19th April 2019 at 5.00pm. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.