Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
Electrical Engineering jobs,Media Technology jobs, TV production jobs,Communication jobs, Media Studies jobs,Accounting jobs, Finance jobs,
Chief Producer – Switch Media Ltd.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management and coordination of production operations including efficient use of production equipment, planning, budgeting and development of production schedules. The role also seeks to support Digital and Commercial in pursuing business opportunities.
- To lead and supervise the production staff by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work.
- Develop and monitor production schedules to ensure proper and efficient utilization of available resources, maintaining production costs within budgets
- Ensure that the agreed filming and editing schedules are followed accordingly by members of all sections
- Oversee production of all audio/visual content for digital platforms and external clients; ensuring that individual productions are properly catered for
- Engage content teams to discuss execution of programme ideas and offer advice on proper and creative executions.
- Draw up work schedules and leave plans, assigning daily EFP and editing tasks, and monitoring audience/client’s feedback on matters video and audio quality for action.
- Ensure effective utilization of budgets and encourage saving
- Manage staff performance and ensure there is best practice at all times.
- Develop budgets and quotations for commercial projects
- Attend client meetings in collaboration with commercial, and offer solutions in bid to win business
- Develop business proposals for business development
- Developing concepts for commercial related projects
- Any other departmental roles as may be delegated by your supervisor.
(NOTE: 3 Simple, Easy to do tips to make you NEGOTIATE a 6 Figure Salary like a PRO (backed by case studies and research). Get More Details Here.)
Qualifications, Work experience and skills required
- University Degree or Diploma in TV production/Communication (media studies)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a busy audio/visual production environment.
- Proven practical knowledge and experience in an audio/visual content production environment.
- Creativity and originality
- Knowledge of TV/ Digital advertising
- Leadership skills
- Proper planning and organisation
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of the Sub recipient’s budgets and other contractual documents
- Ensure timely disbursements of funds to sub-recipients/Sub partners.
- Conduct monthly reviews of Sub recipients/sub partners financial reports and provide appropriately feedback on time to sub-recipients.
- Ensure that all receipts from the donor and appropriately accounted for as Income in the system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the organization’s funding sources, grants and contracts, ensure implementation of best practices
- Improve financial processes by working with IT to ensure the accounting system adapts to emerging program needs e.g. issues to do with new codes, automation of processes.
- Ensuring that invoices are recorded and vendors paid in a timely manner
- Manage staff advances ensuring they are done on time and accounted for as per company policy.
- Monitor bank balances on a weekly basis & Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Produce cash flow forecasts according to income received and expenditure committed, to ensure funds are available for smooth operation of the unit.
- Generating monthly, quarterly and bi-annual financial and management reports
- Ensure adherence to guidelines and policies
- Provide various financial reports on an ad-hoc basis by extracting, compiling, analyzing, and formatting financial data
- Assist in interpreting report parameters, results, and data to line management, programme officers, project managers and other management personnel
- Coordinate safekeeping, control & update the assets and securities for the unit.
- Coordinate external audit and ensure all requested information is supplied in a timely manner and that all relevant audit recommendations are implemented
- Document & update standard operating procedures of a grant accountant.
- Build capacities of Regional Grant Officers through monthly feed backs, follow up of management letters and one on one training.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary work teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets in order to improve performance standards and organisational effectiveness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and finance plus CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications
- Over three (3) years experience in accounting including skills in computerized accounting systems.
- Considerable knowledge of accounting, financial modelling and cash flow forecasting
- Considerable knowledge and ability to perform professional accounting work in accordance with the international “Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles” (GAAP), procedures, standards and controls, including financial forecasting and monitoring of budgets as well as donor accounting procedures
- Effective communication skills ability to present ideas clearly, both orally and in writing and to prepare comprehensive reports
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyse information skilfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Considerable knowledge of management information and financial management systems, proficiency in database systems, spreadsheet and flow chart applications, computerized accounting, budgeting and human resources systems
- Ability and willingness to make consultative decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain reasoning for decisions, include appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
- Ability to maintains high level of confidentiality, remain open to new ideas and experiment with improved systems and proven methods
Technical Engineer – Switch Media Ltd.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all TV/Broadcast technology, maintenance and repair of production and technology equipment. To lead and supervise the production staff by consistently monitoring, guiding, and enhancing the achievement of highest professional and ethical standards in their work.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of all broadcast-related equipment. He/she will also provide technical support in program/film, concerts and music recording, ensuring the quality of production and transmission of both audio and video.
- Responsible for overall TV technology operation and business continuity; development, maintenance and ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are operational at all times.
- Provide workarounds in case of emergency; support ICT, Production and other clients by providing quick technical solutions.
- Make accurate logs on faults to enable quick and accurate resolutions.
- Regularly advise and make recommendation to the Chief Technical Officer (Studio & OB Operations) on new technologies, new solutions and equipment hence ensuring the business is technically proficient.
- Ensure that all services required by Production & Technology clients (Sales, Marketing etc.) are delivered efficiently, on time, and without fail
- Liaise with Technical directors & Creative Producers on live broadcasts and recordings to ensure a smooth and correct flow process as per specifications of the Production department.
- Maintaining partner relationships with suppliers; contracts and support.
- Managing daily/weekly reports on the status of technology.
Any other departmental roles as may be delegated by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Work experience and skills required
- University Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Media Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of TV studio engineering/operation experience in video and audio technology.
- Familiarity with video and audio system design concept and equipment
- Equipment setup and engineering skills
- Must have an up-to-date knowledge of all relevant technologies in digital broadcasting production techniques including audio/video capture and distribution and IP networks.
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment, attentive to detail with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to make quick decisions and to improvise if necessary
- Must be self-driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must be able to demonstrate great planning and organization skills.